Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   KQs, how was this hand ? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379946)

11-17-2005 12:46 AM

Re: KQs, how was this hand ?

[ QUOTE ]
Are we buying enough clean outs to be worth the amount of money we are losing with this raise? I really doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah true, but this is a semi-bluff, not a pure bluff. We have a draw here. Another thing we might be getting out of this raise is a free showdown if we miss our draw on the river. These are paper-thin reasons, but I think they add up.

MrWookie47 11-17-2005 01:08 AM

A free showdown? Why? There's no way we have the best hand right now. I guess we can see a couple of cards, but nothing he's holding will bring any chips in our direction UI. We're either betting the river because we hit something, or we are getting a free showdown because open-folding takes two clicks, while checking just takes one.

Aaron_ 11-17-2005 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your turn raise is not for value, and is not a good semi bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think this is good, because we can buy some K outs. It's value in the sense that MHIG when we fold MP1's AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought I'd throw this in. At best your reraise buys 3 outs (and I mean at very best). If the raise buys 3 clean outs 100% of the time, you're only getting back about .8 BBs for your one. Now double check my math for me:

3 outs are worth approximately 6.5% (14.3:1 dog) of 12.75BB = .83BB

MrWookie47 11-17-2005 01:19 AM

Good math. This is exactly the sort of thing that you need to be able to do.

bottomset 11-17-2005 01:53 AM

I spent way to long trying to remember this hand, figuring it from the 2+2game today, since I would have been UTG, when you were UTG1 ... then I saw UB 1/2 and felt superstupid

anyway
I don't coldcall here preflop, how loose he is isn't the main question, its how aggressive he is .. also with a poster in the hand, when you 3bet often you will endup sandwiched and often forced into a lot of tough decisions

and I just call the turn as well, UTG will rarely have a hand that he folds to the turn raise, since UTG raise/cap lines are pretty big signs of strength

since he won't fold very often, and his range doesn't make your K and Q outs live that often, I think you are better served to call, and try to get overcalls .. since you most likely only win this with a flush.

bottomset 11-17-2005 01:59 AM

ok, i see my first post now, im happy

detruncate 11-17-2005 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No poker in OO...

Wait a minute. This isn't OOT. Gorie plays poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly my reaction. Complete with double checking to see what forum I was in.

Edit: Welcome to the forum Gorie.

ArturiusX 11-17-2005 04:36 AM

Turn raise is a maniacs play.

11-17-2005 08:01 AM

I really like the raise on the turn. You at least have pot odds to call this on down.

hobbsmann 11-17-2005 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your turn raise is not for value, and is not a good semi bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Preflop sucks, but yeah we'll over look that.

The turn raise is good IMO as you are buying both K and Q outs the times you get the preflop 3-bettor to fold AQ/AK by facing him with two cold.

To the guy talking about a free showdown raise, you are wrong because we don't have a hand with showdown value. The raise on the turn is purely for buying outs because given the pot size and our already solid draw the times we buy 2-4 more outs is very much worth the 1 bb investment.