Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   New Bellagio Poker Room Opens Wednesday Night (4/27) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239573)

Dynasty 04-25-2005 09:31 PM

New Bellagio Poker Room Opens Wednesday Night (4/27)

A manager in the Bellagio poker room told me the new room will open on Wednesday night- just in time to compete with Wynn which is opening on Thursday.

You can actually peek through the curtains and check out the new room. The best word I can find to describe the the new room is underwhelming.

They spend months doing renovations and the room doesn't seem all that different. The carpeting is new and there's a few new design features. But, it's basically the same with about 7 extra tables.

The only significant new feature is what appears to be a second high-limit room in the back left (walking in from the same main entrance).

Unfathomably, the Bellagio is still going to be using clipboards to maintain their waiting lists. I couldn't believe the manager when she told me they aren't even planning to computerize this.

Right now, it seems to me the Bellagio spent months renovating the room and nothing significant came out of it.

BigSkiRace 04-25-2005 10:09 PM

Re: New Bellagio Poker Room Opens Wednesday Night (4/27)

The Wynn is going to be rediculous I can already feel it.

onegymrat 04-25-2005 10:34 PM

Do you think the seven extra tables or so will impact that long wait for the 8/16 or 15/30 in any way?

SCfuji 04-25-2005 10:44 PM

id say that the 4/8 waitlist has been at least 50 people every single time i went to the b. so yeah, id assume that the extra tables will help if we assume that at least 1 or 2 tables will be used for lower limits.

Guthrie 04-25-2005 11:06 PM

Why doesn't somebody just start Discount Poker in a vacant Wal-Mart building in Vegas? All poker, all the time. Hundreds of tables. I don't really care about plush carpet and expensive chandeliers. All I want is a comfortable chair, good light, competent dealers, honest games, reasonable rake, and an efficient wait list.

AKQJ10 04-25-2005 11:31 PM

Although you have a point, keep in mind that what you value in a room isn't necessarily what a big "donor" would value.

Luv2DriveTT 04-26-2005 01:26 AM

Interesting. I predict it will be a bad investment. Sounds like competition for the high limit games is about to become bigger than they expected.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

TimTimSalabim 04-26-2005 01:40 AM

As I understand it, the main purpose of the renovation was adding the new high-limit room, so that the big players would have a more private area. So maybe the bulk of the work went into that.

Mason Malmuth 04-26-2005 03:21 AM

Hi Dynasty:

My opinion is a little different. The lighting looks like it may hve been improved, and I understand that there will be an automatic shuffler on each table. Also, the room now looks like it is more open to those on the outside looking in than it was before.

It should be a very nice place to play.

best wishes,
mason

RydenStoompala 04-26-2005 07:12 AM

I'll still love that room, Dynasty. There's just something about it.

The lack of an automated wait board is a little silly, but they may be shooting for the same "feel" as the pre-reno version. Thanks for the update. I'm there soon.