Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Scratch Card Promotion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404581)

Lmn55d 12-24-2005 12:09 PM

Party Scratch Card Promotion

Can anyone see their scratch card? I want to see if I won but the picture won't load!

IggyWH 12-24-2005 12:11 PM

Re: Party Scratch Card Promotion

It works in FireFox but not in IE for whatever reason. Just download FireFox real quick and use that.

Lmn55d 12-24-2005 12:14 PM

WTF! I downloaded firefox, scratched my card, and didn't win anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that you have ALREADY SCRATCHED free PartyPoker.com Scratchcard 24-Dec- 2005, and have won a GUARANTEED prize!

[/ QUOTE ]

GUARANTEED MY ASS!

IggyWH 12-24-2005 12:16 PM

LOL, same here.

afk 12-24-2005 12:17 PM

Heh, cool, I didn't even pay attention to this. I played off a quick bonus yesterday, saw my scratchcard today and won $20. woo!

Nick-Zack 12-24-2005 12:48 PM

Sorry - Better Luck Next Time

12-24-2005 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry - Better Luck Next Time

[/ QUOTE ]

handsome 12-24-2005 01:36 PM

Rigged.

Etric 12-24-2005 01:41 PM

I used firefox and it said I didn't win anything, but the page still says I haven't scratched my card yet. Time to email pp support I guess...

LImitPlayer 12-24-2005 02:03 PM

$5

APerfect10 12-24-2005 02:06 PM

Sorry...Better luck next time

Please dont tell me that my GUARANTEED prize was a scratch card that netted me nothing. What a joke...

cigarzfan 12-24-2005 02:08 PM

Zip.

cigarzfan 12-24-2005 02:08 PM

BTW, I used Firefox and it worked fine.

12-24-2005 02:38 PM

Ok so I scratch it and it says I won $20. Now what do I do?

AngusThermopyle 12-24-2005 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mail a snapshot of the winning ticket, along with copies of your drivers license, birth certificate, passport, and dog's AKC registration to Party Promotions, 1234 Gotcha Drive, Gibraltar.

Allow 6-9 months for delivery.

That, or look in your account. The credit it instantly.

12-24-2005 02:45 PM

$5!

12-24-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i scratched it 4 times now and i'm still waiting for my 5 bucks. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

12-24-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i scratched it 4 times now and i'm still waiting for my 5 bucks. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, pay no attention to that moron. here's what worked for me: scratch it, go to another site, and come back.

12-24-2005 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please note that you have ALREADY SCRATCHED free PartyPoker.com Scratchcard 24-Dec- 2005, and have won a GUARANTEED prize!

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...once you've earned 40 regular Party Points in a day, you will be eligible for a FREE Scratchcard on the following calendar day after 11.00 am (ET) which will reveal a prize!

[/ QUOTE ]

Folks, this boils my potatoes. Allow me a little rant if you will:

Speaking as someone building a poker site who's still looking from the outside in like a hungry street urchin, I can't stand this kind of misrepresentation. It's one thing to give hope in a promotion, but it's quite another to use absolutes. "will recieve a prize", "guaranteed prize". These do more than hint at winnings. They basically say 'get this and you get something.'

It's this kind of false advertising that gives people a bad taste in their mouth towards the entire online industry. Unfortunately, Party is the first stop for most first timers. If they strived to gain these 40 points for what they most certainly must think will be a prize, only to get what amounts to the Coke bottle cap 'congrats, you lose' message, other promotions from other places suffer.

Let me go on record now and state that when our new site goes up and ANYONE finds that ANY marketing message we put out is as misleading as these are, feel free to verbally pimp slap me on any forum.

Damn it Party, don't piss in the fish bowl.

Douglas

12-24-2005 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing for me until a guy at one of my tables told me to click on it AFTER I scratched it. I went back and did it again and VOILA, $5 into my account instantly. Try that.
(I posted this in another thread, seems to be 3 threads going on this)

-S&SGW

12-24-2005 03:16 PM

Well, party has what your site won't: a fish bowl. See, even if you don't win at the scratch-it, the guaranteed prize is a huge number of idiots at the tables. Service/accountability/software are all an afterthought. Tons of poker rooms have been started, yet we have not seen ONE achieve even 1/4th of even Party's lowest player count. I for one will not play anywhere else but Party, regardless of anything that could happen in the span of at least a year. I suspect there are many others like me.

null 12-24-2005 03:42 PM

I just won $10, cool. Plus I earned it clearing a free $100 inactive account bonus.

Alobar 12-24-2005 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tons of poker rooms have been started, yet we have not seen ONE achieve even 1/4th of even Party's lowest player count.

[/ QUOTE ]

go load stars and see how many players they have on

12-24-2005 04:19 PM

Hey, I won $100!

12-24-2005 04:34 PM

PokerStars and PartyPoker were started within a very short span of time from eachother. That doesn't really apply.

grouchie 12-24-2005 04:42 PM

how about UB or Absoulte then?
do they count?
they get way more than 1/4th of partys traffic at partys lowest polwer count

Sniper 12-24-2005 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tons of poker rooms have been started, yet we have not seen ONE achieve even 1/4th of even Party's lowest player count.

[/ QUOTE ]

go load stars and see how many players they have on

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not talking about play money players!!!

Party has 50% market share (by revenue)... noone else is even close!!!

Sykes 12-24-2005 07:14 PM

What is this scratch card promotion?

Sniper 12-24-2005 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is this scratch card promotion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scratch card promo

BradleyT 12-24-2005 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tons of poker rooms have been started [in the past 2 years], yet we have not seen ONE achieve even 1/4th of even Party's lowest player count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Qualified your post.

BradleyT 12-24-2005 10:16 PM

However, does a new site need to create a company valued at $5 Billion to be considered a success?

How many B&M poker rooms would love to have the player numbers that Noble Poker has?

Quicksilvre 12-24-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars...?

Sniper 12-24-2005 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Total Player numbers is not a useful means of comparing the relative value of a poker room to a player... Its far more important, how many of those players are playing the limit/game that you play!

radek2166 12-25-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mail a snapshot of the winning ticket, along with copies of your drivers license, birth certificate, passport, and dog's AKC registration to Party Promotions, 1234 Gotcha Drive, Gibraltar.

Allow 6-9 months for delivery.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH sir

Bobby Cannoli 12-25-2005 01:58 AM

Took me 4 tries to get it to work. I had to just drag the mouse across once, as opposed to dragging it back and forth to uncover the whole ticket. Won $10, thanks Party [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Party vs. Stars vs. the others.... nobody can TOUCH Party when it comes to limit ring game traffic. Stars has as many players, but not in the cash limit games. And why is Party the only site that can figure out a way to make a waiting list for first available table.

I love Stars, but when I want to play limit ring, I head to Party first.

Bobby

12-25-2005 02:23 AM

Hi GoldSlugger,

True enough. I envy Party and the number of players who play there. There's nothing any new poker site can do to create overnight traffic. But I happen to be a poker player and a game designer by trade, so I see online poker from a very different point of view.

I would honor your business, but I'm also confident enough to wait to get it until we've grown large enough to warrant you checking us out. =)

Doug