Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   My first time laying down KK preflop. Please help. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400185)

12-17-2005 07:14 AM

My first time laying down KK preflop. Please help.

2/3 hand at Commerce. I am UTG with KK. I raise to $15. UTG+1 calls. Next guy folds. Next guy raises to $200. He has about $100 more. I have him covered. It is folded to me. I go into the tank for 10 minutes. This guy has made some big preflop raises prior, but nothing close to this big. While I am thinking he says "if you have kings you should call" After tanking I fold. What does everyone think?

Big_Jim 12-17-2005 07:15 AM

Re: My first time laying down KK preflop. Please help.

Bad laydown.

12-17-2005 07:20 AM

I was looking for something a little more than that. Could you elaborate please?

Big_Jim 12-17-2005 07:25 AM

You're playing a live 2/3 game, you have 100BB stacks, you are playing with a guy who has re-raised big a lot of times, and you have provided no other read.

Go all in.

12-17-2005 07:26 AM

To clarify, he has not re-raised ever that I can remember. I said he has raised big, to $30 or $35, but I do not remember him re-raising

aggie 12-17-2005 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I was looking for something a little more than that. Could you elaborate please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the information you gave us about villian (which is very little) I think Jim hit it spot on. Bad fold. For your fold to have been correct you needed to have one hell of a read (which you didn't tell us about). Otherwise, i think it's unlikely villian had AA

Rotating Rabbit 12-17-2005 07:53 AM

u went into the tank for ten minutes ?

come on

flawless_victory 12-17-2005 09:04 AM

"My first time laying down KK preflop"

"2/3 hand at Commerce"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

wtfsvi 12-17-2005 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
u went into the tank for ten minutes ?

come on

[/ QUOTE ] I was just about to say that. Ten minutes, wtf. If I was villain, I would've turned over my hand if you promised to go home.

ahnuld 12-17-2005 10:55 AM

could you tell us more about the way he said it? Was he nervous, was he calm and relaxed, did it seem like he was trying to look calm and relaxed? If he was calm, I think hes telling the truth and id call. Id probably call just based on the strength of my hand alone, but wtv. Also, I may be way off, and if someone who is better at tells than me comes along, plz feel free to correct.