Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How many bets with the nuts (theory). (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363750)

Borodog 10-23-2005 04:20 PM

How many bets with the nuts (theory).

This came up in another thread, but no one seemed interested in addressing it.

You have AK and raise UTG. UTG+1 3 bets. He is a thinking TAG. It folds to you, you 4-bet (this is live, there is no cap heads up). UTG+1 calls. He indicates afterward that he had forgotten that the cap came off heads up, so he may or may not have gone more bets pre-flop.

The flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

How many bets do you go on the flop if you are not holding a spade?

toss 10-23-2005 04:25 PM

Re: How many bets with the nuts (theory).

I'd 5-bet, call a 6-bet, go to war on the river is no more spades come.

10-23-2005 04:29 PM

A more interesting question is how many bets do you go on the turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when the turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Borodog 10-23-2005 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A more interesting question is how many bets do you go on the turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] when the turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this more interesting that how many bets you go on the turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] when the turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Not that I'm saying it isn't; I'd just like to hear why.

toss 10-23-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in. Variance is fun.

W. Deranged 10-23-2005 04:35 PM

I like Toss's idea of 5-betting and calling a 6 bet on the flop.

If the turn isn't a spade I'd probably go to 5/6 more bets.

If the river isn't a spade you obviously go all the way (barring no paired board).

Borodog 10-23-2005 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this more interesting that how many bets you go on the turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] when the turn is the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? Not that I'm saying it isn't; I'd just like to hear why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. Nevermind. Silly me. One is a lock. One isn't.