Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   river line? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=346028)

bakku 09-28-2005 07:31 AM

river line?

live 80/160 table is full (i didnt play this hand)

hijack opens, you 3-bet AQs on the button. (HU for 7SB)

flop is 843r. check, bet, call. (9SB)

turn is a 2. check, bet, call. (6.5BB)

Assuming your opponent checks the river, what cards are you betting/checking?

private joker 09-28-2005 08:51 AM

Re: river line?

Depends on the opponent, I guess. Will he fold AK? I doubt he's folding a pair, so if we think we can fold AK (and we think that's what he has), I'm betting any card but a K.

If we think he won't fold AK (or we think he doesn't have AK), then I'm checking every river except an A or Q.

Evan 09-28-2005 08:54 AM

If you want me to assume he's a donk:
2, 3, 4, 5, 8, Q, A

If he's not a total donk we need more info.

crunchy1 09-28-2005 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the opponent, I guess. Will he fold AK? I doubt he's folding a pair, so if we think we can fold AK (and we think that's what he has), I'm betting any card but a K.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think his range is a bit wider than just AK opening from the HiJack.

[ QUOTE ]
If we think he won't fold AK (or we think he doesn't have AK), then I'm checking every river except an A or Q.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hope that you're betting a 5 as well... which is my line:

bet: A, Q, 5.
check: everything else.

crunchy1 09-28-2005 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2, 3, 4, 5, 8, Q, A

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you adding the additional cards that pair the board on the basis that our river bet is a value bet with the best hand (i.e. likely an Ace with a better kicker)?

Evan 09-28-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2, 3, 4, 5, 8, Q, A

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you adding the additional cards that pair the board on the basis that our river bet is a value bet with the best hand (i.e. likely an Ace with a better kicker)?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

jason_t 09-28-2005 12:22 PM

For sure I'm betting any river except for T or J although I'm not sure what to do on a K. Betting a K makes it more likely that an AQ will fold but less likely that an AT/AJ will call.

krishanleong 09-28-2005 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For sure I'm betting any river except for T or J although I'm not sure what to do on a K. Betting a K makes it more likely that an AQ will fold but less likely that an AT/AJ will call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, everything except a KJT.

Krishan

private joker 09-28-2005 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I hope that you're betting a 5 as well... which is my line:

bet: A, Q, 5.
check: everything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't see the gutshot. I'd do this too -- bet AQ5, check everything else.

The reason I'm not picking the "bet everything but a KJT" line is because I think we're more likely to get called by a pair than a worse ace-high when we bet. If the river checks through and we take the pot, I'm not too concerned we missed a value bet. Since I don't know the opponent, he could be the type to chase overs to the river and hope his opponent checks behind, but planning to fold to a third bullet.