Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Vasquez to White Sox (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398361)

IronDragon1 12-14-2005 02:25 PM

Vasquez to White Sox

Vasquez to White Sox for El Duque/Luiz Vizciano

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 02:28 PM

Re: Vasquez to White Sox

Very nice. El Duque is old and worn down, and Vizcaino I don't think i could ever trust in a relief situation. We'll also probably be losing Garland in 07 so this will be a nice transition.

Err we lost Chris Young as well. Not sure I like it anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 02:31 PM

I do think Kenny Williams may have another move in mind as we now have a 6-man rotation.

Soul Daddy 12-14-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Err we lost Chris Young as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is a pretty big piece of the deal.

LoaferGee12 12-14-2005 02:47 PM

Garland/Uribe for Tejada? Please?

sublime 12-14-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Garland/Uribe for Tejada? Please?

[/ QUOTE ]

like 0% chance of ever happening (basically any tejada deal)

this deal looks good though. vasquez is a pretty solid pitcher.

rwperu34 12-14-2005 03:38 PM

Good deal for the D'Backs too. Vizcaino could end up being thier #2 reliever, so he'll help abdorb some of the sting from downgrading to Hernandez in the rotation. The only thing is, at some point they are going to have to acquire some real pitching.

They now seem to have a top prospect everywhere except pitcher.

andyfox 12-14-2005 04:35 PM

"vasquez is a pretty solid pitcher."

He was. But the last year and a half, he's basically been terrible. He's young enough to re-find himself, and it seems he has good stuff. Maybe being number 3 or 4 or 5 on the staff, instead of having to become a #1, will accrue to his benefit.

Soul Daddy 12-14-2005 04:41 PM

Eh, he had solid indicators last year, he just gave up too many HR and had an unlucky first half. Obviously, the HR problem needs to be fixed, but he has a reasonable chance to post very good seasons with a decent bullpen and some offense.

samjjones 12-14-2005 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good deal for the D'Backs too. Vizcaino could end up being thier #2 reliever, so he'll help abdorb some of the sting from downgrading to Hernandez in the rotation. The only thing is, at some point they are going to have to acquire some real pitching.

They now seem to have a top prospect everywhere except pitcher.

[/ QUOTE ]
D-Backs and Dodgers farm systems are absolutely stacked. AZ has Nippert, who has big-time stuff.