Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Idol roll call (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=258009)

Tuco 05-23-2005 10:43 PM

Idol roll call

I have 100 Bo shares. Zero Carries.

$65 is getting awfully close to where I would sell them all pre-show. I think if it hits $70 im gone.

How many Bo's out there?

Tuco.

Inthacup 05-23-2005 10:50 PM

Re: Idol roll call

0 Bo's, 0 Carrie's. I didn't bet on Idol this year, but it has been fun watching the speculation from week 1.

Cup

jasonHoldEm 05-23-2005 10:57 PM

I only have 16 Bo's left (from a high of 128, *sigh* hindsight)...anyways I'm probably holding through to the end, but if he goes much higher it will be tempting to sell off early...either way I'm still going to hold a couple just to have something riding on the outcome.

(Don't forget to "Bote" on tuesday!)

J

dogmeat 05-23-2005 11:06 PM

All Bo, no Carrie, but I'm not laying any of them off.....................

Bo Knows Idol

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

oscark 05-24-2005 12:44 AM

I owned 50 (WSEX Equivalent) Bos. Sold a little over half in the mid 30s. Another 15 today at 69. May hold on to my remaining 5. Thanks again Tuco and Granny for the advice.

Oscar

RollaJ 05-24-2005 06:52 AM

Last night I bought 2(WSEX) Carrie at 30.5 on TradeSports, and sold 1 Bo at 69.8 leaves me long 9 WSEX Bo.

Notice that at this point, buying carrie and selling Bo is the same thing, so see where you get a better deal

TStoneMBD 05-24-2005 07:10 AM

i havent bet on idol this year, mainly cause i didnt start following it till mid-series. but i love reading the speculation. i definitely think im playing next year.

contentless 05-24-2005 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i havent bet on idol this year, mainly cause i didnt start following it till mid-series. but i love reading the speculation. i definitely think im playing next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's when I started. 14 WSEX equivalent Bos here.

RollaJ 05-24-2005 07:38 AM

<font color="blue"> Idol Exclusive </font>

On the night Federov got voted off, Bo had Saran Wrapped AF's toilet, and actually "got him". [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

That tidbit of humor has from a Bo/Carrie interview on idolonfox.com

Baulucky 05-24-2005 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I only have 16 Bo's left (from a high of 128, *sigh* hindsight)...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this "unit" of currency worth in $?.

I think what you and granny have done is just COOL. It's incredible how accurate granny's advice has been all along. I especially remember the time when Bo's trading was frozen... She said: THIS is your entry opportunity!. I decided to pass, but I will definitely participate next year.

contentless 05-24-2005 08:15 AM

1 WSEX share of anyone wins you $100 if they win Idol. He's trading at about $65 right now, and I suspect that most of us picked him up at about $20-25.

34TheTruth34 05-24-2005 10:29 AM

I just got out at 66 this morning. I feel bo is a 2:1 favorite, so for me it was worth the .67 a share to not have to sweat it out. I wasn't even thinking about selling at 61 or 62, but couldn't resist as the price kept climbing. I'm glad I don't have to watch this crap anymore. Good luck to everyone still involved...

revots33 05-24-2005 12:52 PM

Had 17 Bo's, sold a few at 61 and a bunch more today at 66. I've only got 2 left, just for the rooting interest - but I think this is a 50-50 race which is why I didn't keep em all. Besides, I made most of my money on good old Constantine weeks ago!

Thanks to all the IDOL experts on this board... your advice made my first year wagering on AI profitable and a lot of fun!

GrannyMae 05-24-2005 05:15 PM

it is *extremely* likely, unless BO mops the floor with carrie tonight, that there will be a price correction this evening.

if the performances are close, expect BO to lose some value. so, if anyone wants to bail early on some of their portfolio, do it before the show starts tonight.

i wonder what song they wrote for the idols? i guess it could be country-ish and work for both.

i sure can't imagine BO singing a song similar to "a moment like this".

GrannyMae 05-24-2005 05:16 PM

no word on the custom song? do we even know who wrote it?

La Brujita 05-24-2005 05:20 PM

Props to Granny for her great advice! Also props to me for betting the rockers from day one and sticking with bo at least.

PS, I don't have to use "him" rather than "her" for Granny do I. I think that is dumb!

GrannyMae 05-24-2005 05:55 PM

PS, I don't have to use "him" rather than "her" for Granny do I. I think that is dumb!

you would be the one of very few. 99% of those that know both of me's call me granny.
(my spouse included. and i defy you to keep your dick hard while being called granny... OOOO granny, a lttle to the left!! yesss)

jasonHoldEm 05-24-2005 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no word on the custom song? do we even know who wrote it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard anything regarding "Inside Your Heaven" (the AI single) other than it's written by 19E writers.

According to the various message boards "Long, Long Road" (Bo's other idol picked song) is by a group called Appleton. lyrics (illegal?) MP3 It's a somewhat strange choice for Bo, so I'm wondering if this is a mistake (i.e. maybe Bo is singing another song with the same title)...if this is the correct song I hope they make it a little heavier (this version is rather "pop-ish" ugh).

Carrie's other idol picked song is "Angel Brought Me Here" and was the Australian Idol's winning song (again, assuming it's the same song).

I'm disappointed Bo is doing "Vehicle", I would have preferred something like "I Don't Want To Be", "Money", or "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me", as I think all of those songs were better than Vehicle and would appeal to a wider audience. Carrie is singing "Independence Day" as her choice which is her song from the idol 4 showstoppers CD (and IMO probably her best song of the season).

It's going to be close and really I think it comes down to the main idol song and who "wins" that round. Enjoy the show and don't forget to "Bote"!

J

Uglyowl 05-24-2005 06:25 PM

unloaded all my Bo's (only 5 of 6 from this rookie) except 1.

Bought 6 @ $16. Already have a profit of about $150 even if Carrie wins. $250 if Bo wins.

Thanks Granny

TStoneMBD 05-24-2005 06:28 PM

granny, if you predict that bo is going to drop tonight as long as carrie doesnt get blown out of the water, dont you think it would be smart to sell bo/buy carrie preshow and then sell carrie/buy bo postshow?

B00T 05-24-2005 06:50 PM

There is a ~5 point spread between their buy and sell prices. It is unlikely that anything wild would happen tonite that would make this a profitable venture. The risk is far greater than the reward with the juice you'd have to make up.

GrannyMae 05-24-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a ~5 point spread between their buy and sell prices. It is unlikely that anything wild would happen tonite that would make this a profitable venture. The risk is far greater than the reward with the juice you'd have to make up.

[/ QUOTE ]

precisely

my advice was for some that might have thought about selling a few before the decision is announced and the possibility that he will lose 5 or 6 points unless he shines much, much brighter.

bo should win this thing easy imho, but we can't forget that carrie is the most talented second best that idol has ever, or will ever see.

NoChance 05-24-2005 07:21 PM

I don't understand any of this at all. I think there was only one week (last week) where Bo was better than Carrie.

GrannyMae 05-24-2005 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand any of this at all. I think there was only one week (last week) where Bo was better than Carrie.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, simon agrees with you and so do many. this is all speculation of course, but i can say that i don't agree with your performance assessment. i think there was a week that they were all boring, other than that, BO has not gotten any judge criticism, but carrie has been getting a bunch lately. certainly carrie could still walk away with this thing. if that was not the case, she would have no sell value. i just think BO is the nuts and has been more consistent and his no band performance last week blew away the futures market investors. i'm certain that song was the reason in the shift. therefore, it could easily turn back (but it won't)

i think BO has been holding back. tonight should be an amazing show and the line will perhaps be more clear to simon (and you)

contentless 05-24-2005 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that there will be a price correction this evening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like this is already happening...on TS at least. Bo buy was at around 70, now it's at 62. Sell has dropped a similar amount.

Oh well. I would've got out at 70, but now I'm just going to wait it out and collect.

TStoneMBD 05-24-2005 08:16 PM

wow so far the first performance from each have been really disappointing imo.