Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=104762)

JayCo 07-20-2004 02:51 PM

Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY)

So I was sitting at my computer looking at 1) the blood trickling down my right hand, and 2) the collection or 3 or 4 scars I have on my 3rd knuckle on the middle finger of my right hand, when it occurred to me I have a bit of a temper issue playing online poker. (I tend to punch my 21" CRT pretty hard when I misplay and then as a result lose a particularly large pot).

Then it occurred to me that just 5 minutes prior I was engaged in some decidedly less than 36-year-old behavior after filling up on the river against someone I had decided was the Devil.

So here's mine:
ANGER: The repeated punching of the screen until <font color="red">blood</font> is drawn
JOY/TAUNT: Dancing in front of the screen repeating "you're gonna loooo-oose" in a lilting sing-song fashion only 1st graders can do properly

tdomeski 07-20-2004 02:58 PM

Re: Most outrageous displays & outbursts playing online (ANGER or JOY)

Mike Matusow once threw his laptop into his pool after losing a big pot. . . .

Personally, I've thrown a chair, flipped a table, killed a dog, and beaten a neighbor all while playing online poker.

When I win a big pot I like to strip down to my birthday suit and streak around the house yelling "SUCK DEEZ NUTZ". . .b/c of course I win with "The Nuts".

radek2166 07-20-2004 03:05 PM

lmfao@dezzzzzzzzzzznutzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think the worst thing I do is yell GODAMN IT!!!!!!!!

When I have 2 pairs in a $30 pot and get beat by a gutshot straight

highlife 07-20-2004 03:10 PM

i shaved my roomates head.

sin808 07-20-2004 03:10 PM

I think you might wanna cross post this in the psych forum... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

radek2166 07-20-2004 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i shaved my roomates head.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u win or lose the hand? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

deacsoft 07-20-2004 03:23 PM

Not on-line poker, but a display of temper none the less. Copy and pasted from an old post in the psych forum, titled Idiot/ do not read.

"I once threw my T.V. through my second story window and down to the parking lot below because Notre Dame lost a football game a couple years ago. I'm much better now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"

Not my finest moment.

highlife 07-20-2004 03:27 PM

Lost....an all in when 2nd in chips in a PP $200k, 90 players left.

he was laughing at me kicking stuff around my room, so i shaved his head later that night.

Losing all 07-20-2004 03:31 PM

Hmmm, I'm not worried about your fingers (cut em off, they grow right back), but you might not want to kill a 21' monitor. Get a punching bag or the like and save yourself some green.

Your taunt is way off. after you put a beat on the table "satan" or "osama" get your face as close to the monitor as possible and shout "how do you like that. MFER"

JayCo 07-20-2004 03:41 PM

So does it help?

One related question- does anybody have an opinion on whether this less than mature behavior helps prevent tilt when losing and/or hone that killer instinct when winning?

BTW, my wife would definitely agree with whoever suggested a cross-post to the Psych Forum. I'm glad to be enlightened that it exists as I am clearly in need of Tilt Therapy.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, I'm not worried about your fingers (cut em off, they grow right back), but you might not want to kill a 21' monitor. Get a punching bag or the like and save yourself some green.

Your taunt is way off. after you put a beat on the table "satan" or "osama" get your face as close to the monitor as possible and shout "how do you like that. MFER"

[/ QUOTE ]

Um well, actually, a more accurate reporting of my little taunt chant was more like: "you're gonna looo-oose, you're a mother-Fer, i boned you goo-ood..." etc. etc. for about a dozen stanzas.

Punker 07-20-2004 06:18 PM

I was casually reading Theory of Poker, thinking about how clever I was, reading poker literature to keep me from being bored while playing. I then took a bad beat and furiously threw my book across the room, at which point it exploded.

CORed 07-20-2004 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I then took a bad beat and furiously threw my book across the room, at which point it exploded.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't surprise me. Although the content of 2 + 2 books is very good, the binding sucks (not that it's a good idea to throw even a well bound book across the room).

dogmeat 07-20-2004 07:18 PM

I am very composed and rarely show any emotion (which pisses off my wife no end), however, I did come in 15th in a Cruise tourny that paid 12 places when I got all in with trips and got beat by a guy with a pair of 6's that went runner, runner into a straight. When that happened I grabbed our very fluffy cat that was nuzzling my leg and threw it across the room with such force that the static electricity from its fur caused it to explode into flames against the curtains. The curtains burned to a crisp, the ceiling was soon engulfed with fire and my roof burned from the heat. It took all the cool, hard cash I had hiding in the closet (from my poker winnings) to put out the flames. For you cat lovers, it survived, but refuses to enter my office anymore.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (next episode I will tell you how I got my name!)

Punker 07-20-2004 07:26 PM

I would rather have seen this than gone on the cruise.

Tosh 07-20-2004 08:12 PM

I've broken a hand and a laptop. I feel a lot more calm these days though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Greg J 07-20-2004 08:21 PM

Re: So does it help?

Do you listen to music while playing? I think that nice non abbrassive "smooth" music is good for keeping a mellow attitude. Maybe something like Barry White.

I personally like some of the mellower stuff by Wu Tang Clan, the GZA, the RZA, and those crazy NYC rap guys.

AtlBrvs4Life 07-20-2004 08:45 PM

Re: So does it help?

I usually punch the hell out of my keyboard. I've had a few bloody knuckles, but no major injuries (other than the keyboard). I also broke two TV remote controls by smashing them on the floor. I find if I let the anger out, I tend to tilt a lot less and play better afterwards. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CORed 07-20-2004 08:45 PM

One of my favorite things about playing on the internet vs. live is that I can laugh out loud hysterically at my opponents' moronic play without hurting anybody's feelings (or risking that they will realize just how badly they are playing).

radek2166 07-26-2004 09:07 PM

Anyone got any more? This has made me laugh til my sides hurt

Sheriff Fatman 07-26-2004 09:24 PM

I punched a hole in the bedroom door a couple of weeks ago. My girlfriend was not best pleased!

radek2166 07-26-2004 09:30 PM

I floped 4 of a kind kings. Grabed my Johnson YELLED DEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZNUTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

then slow played the flop. Then got raised on the turn.
Laughed my arse off like crazy.

Slacker13 07-26-2004 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I grabbed our very fluffy cat that was nuzzling my leg and threw it across the room with such force that the static electricity from its fur caused it to explode into flames against the curtains

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad about the curtains.

Slacker13 07-26-2004 09:53 PM

Where do I start...I've popped out a few knucles myself. Once I threw a pen at the wall and it went right threw the cone of my Bose speaker. The best is probably when I brought home a brand new filing cabinet which is near my desk, took a horrible beat on a football game* and proceeded to punch the side of the new filing cabinet, I had it maybe 3 days. Now the top drawer wouldnt open so I had to pry it open with a big screwdriver, empty it out and throw it out into the garbage. Would I do it again, most likely. Should we be factoring these losses into our EV? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

* The game: 2003, KC vs San Diego. Numbnuts flute decides to go 85 yards in 50 seconds to score a meaningless TD to cover the spread and beat me for ALOT of money.

Sponger15SB 07-26-2004 10:48 PM

lately i've been punching my 19" monitor with my right hand, i have come to the realization that breaking that hand right now would be horrible so i've stopped doing it, as i'm already in a full arm cast on my left arm from breaking my left elbow two weeks ago.

however, back when my computer was messed up i was using my roomates computer which was under a lofted bed, and the bed was held by several wooden boards, i got really hammered one night and was playing on UB, i kept raising with the most insane hands, hitting 2 pair (seriously 3-4x with hands like 94o), and then getting outdrawn to straight and stuff, and i went totally nuts cause i was really drunk and i kept punching the [censored] out of the wooden part of the bed until my hands hurt so bad, then i'd freak out some more later after a hand and do it again, i couldn't even make a fist the next day.

also, if you tend to get pissed when playing and like to throw things, DO NOT buy a wireless keyboard because it will go flying. I have a few dents in my wall (about 7-8 feet from my computer).

radek2166 07-26-2004 11:44 PM

I guess dents are better than holes in a wall. As for getting rivered by some schmuck. I'd love to use him like a dog uses a firehydrant