Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=169103)

lefty rosen 12-31-2004 06:33 AM

What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com?

This was the first site I played at regulary and won. It will always have a soft spot in my heart for that.... What I don't understand is they had a core of winning low limit players who played totally by a sklansky handchart who used to feast on players who played like Party .5/1 full or 1/2 short players and most are gone now does anybody know what happened to them? Did some bust out because the 1/2 games are no longer extremely soft because they started true micro limit games? Also I remember Goldenhawk who was the 2/4 short rock and he no longer plays there and I saw one of their highstakes players wondering around 2/4 short Joey Luck he only played 10/20 short or higher. The site seems upside down ever since I left........ [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

IndieMatty 12-31-2004 11:36 AM

Re: What happened to the winning rocks at Pokerroom.com?

On a similar note, I used to Play at Paradise, and I just started going back and I don't see anyone on there I used to play with/banter with. There were some actually really good people on there.

ctv1116 12-31-2004 12:05 PM

Yep, Paradise was my first site as well. The rocks eventually flow to the fish pool.

Cleveland Guy 12-31-2004 12:26 PM

I think some of them are still there.

I think a big difference is that about 6 months ago, a good night online was 5-6000 people, now at prime time they are up around 10-12,000.

So not that the rocks aren't there, but there are more fish in the pool along with the rocks.

I still find it a great site to take some easy winnings from - so stay away from my tables.

HUSKER'66 12-31-2004 12:41 PM

It's called the cycle of life.

Kind of like when you move way from your old town and go back a few years later. It's just never the same...people move on, players move on.

Buck up....it's going to be okay. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Jeffage 12-31-2004 01:10 PM

A lot of the former regulars there (myself included) have moved on to greener pastures at Party. I still occasionally pop in for some 10-20 or 25-50 action here and there.

Jeff

largeeyes 12-31-2004 03:24 PM

I grind out the bonuses there with 1/2, and I think lunchmoney must play 18 hours a day, 7 days a week and has for months and months.

Billy Baroo 12-31-2004 03:35 PM

With all the talk about poker bots, I'd say lunchmoney on Poker Room is the most likely to actually be a bot. Plays all day long almost every day, never chats, always at the same limit and site.

largeeyes 12-31-2004 03:46 PM

I'd have to agree. The hours that guy/girl/thing puts in is amazing.

Non_Comformist 12-31-2004 04:09 PM

Other Poker room rocks/bits

Lunchmoney was a good one

Anyone remember Frapandoff?