Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Hand v 2+2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378264)

krishanleong 11-14-2005 03:02 PM

Hand v 2+2er

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Villian is solid. 23/15/2.1/35 over 6500.

Mostly thinking about the river bet and Villians hand range when he calls the turn.

Oh yeah and also whether the turn cr semi-bluff is any good. And don't just say yes because I have lots of outs.

Krishan

Spicymoose 11-14-2005 03:05 PM

Re: Hand v 2+2er

I don't see what he is calling with that you beat, and I don't think you are getting any better hands to fold. Why not try to induce a bluff? He might have called the turn with KT for the straight draw, or ATd or A9d for the flush draw.

DMBFan23 11-14-2005 03:07 PM

when he caps PF and calls the turn CR I would put him on AQs, or KK/AA who didn't 3 bet you. I am not sure he'd bet the turn with hands like 9x9d or TxTd, or AKs with the Kd.

DMBFan23 11-14-2005 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what he is calling with that you beat, and I don't think you are getting any better hands to fold. Why not try to induce a bluff? He might have called the turn with KT for the straight draw, or ATd or A9d for the flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

he did cap PF and has a 15% PFR. I'm not giving him ATo just yet but I could be wrong. either way he should have checked the turn IMO with AxTd

Spicymoose 11-14-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he did cap PF and has a 15% PFR. I'm not giving him ATo just yet but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a blind steal, and he is a TAG. I think this is quite possible.

[ QUOTE ]

either way he should have checked the turn IMO with AxTd

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but not everyone plays the same, and the fact that he might bet the turn, makes it so that we cant fold this river.

11-14-2005 03:17 PM

Hi Krishan-

I'm a little concerned about making plays like this in a medium-sized pot, as you're putting in a lot of money on the turn to take down an average return on your investment. However, all things considered I think you made the right play.

1) A turn c/r + a river bet puts a tremendous amount of pressure on his unimproved hands/ mid-high pockets. Specifically, he's going to fold AK here almost every time to you on the river, avoiding a split. He could easily be capping 88-TT here preflop, and while he might call your turn c/r if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he'll often fold this river.

2) Your line doesn't open you up to much punishment if he's got a legitimate hand. Specifically, villain is going to have a hard time 3-betting you on the turn with AQ or KK (unless he has the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) With the same logic, you aren't going to get raised on the river here by anything less than AA or a set, so you can comfortably fold without worrying about him making a play with a holding such as AT.

3) A turn c/r is fantastic for metagame purposes.

DMBFan23 11-14-2005 03:19 PM

krishan,

I think the raise is very good because he can fold lots of hands like TT-88 no diamond to your raise, and mayyyyyybe some Jacks. and you have lots of outs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

krishanleong 11-14-2005 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Krishan-

I'm a little concerned about making plays like this in a medium-sized pot, as you're putting in a lot of money on the turn to take down an average return on your investment. However, all things considered I think you made the right play.

1) A turn c/r + a river bet puts a tremendous amount of pressure on his unimproved hands/ mid-high pockets. Specifically, he's going to fold AK here almost every time to you on the river, avoiding a split. He could easily be capping 88-TT here preflop, and while he might call your turn c/r if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he'll often fold this river.

2) Your line doesn't open you up to much punishment if he's got a legitimate hand. Specifically, villain is going to have a hard time 3-betting you on the turn with AQ or KK (unless he has the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) With the same logic, you aren't going to get raised on the river here by anything less than AA or a set, so you can comfortably fold without worrying about him making a play with a holding such as AT.

3) A turn c/r is fantastic for metagame purposes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is terrific analysis. This part in particular is great.

[ QUOTE ]
He could easily be capping 88-TT here preflop, and while he might call your turn c/r if one of his cards is a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], he'll often fold this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that part when I played the hand. I autobet that river on impulse unfortunately.

Krishan

11-14-2005 03:52 PM

I think you would really have to see him capping light against re-steals before I could like this. The majority of tags will just see a flop with 88-TT after a 3-bet and take it from there, so you're often fighting to avoid a chop. Getting 3-bet on the turn by QQ-JJ really, really sucks.

Because your flush is going to be in plain sight it may not be a big difference, but you also keep your implied odds on the river higher if you just call on the turn.

BongRips 11-14-2005 03:59 PM

Perfectly played, not betting the river would be a crime.