Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   $100 NL 6max QQ versus LAG w/ 200+BB stacks (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357008)

Malachii 10-13-2005 05:06 PM

$100 NL 6max QQ versus LAG w/ 200+BB stacks

Villain in this hand is a LAG preflop: 33/17.36 PFR but 1.36 postflop aggression. He's been raising my big blind every single time it's folded around to him in the SB. He's also been open raising from the cutoff a lot, and I've been reraising anything decent from the button, and I think he's getting tired of it.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$100) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

SB ($151.85)
BB ($52.15)
UTG ($191.75)
MP ($102.95)
CO ($270.92)
Hero ($227.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20.00</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $66.00</font>, Hero calls $50.00.

Flop: ($141.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">CO pushes all in for $110 more, Hero...?

amoeba 10-13-2005 05:11 PM

Re: $100 NL 6max QQ versus LAG w/ 200+BB stacks

call. once you called that preflop 3 bet, you pretty much can't fold here.

cs3 10-13-2005 05:18 PM

why didnt you fold/push instead of calling his reraise preflop?

were you trying to induce a flop bluff from him, and didnt want to push him off the hand yet? or were you really considering a fold?
either way, given the preflop call, i call flop everytime, everytime, but i think you proablly ran into some bad luck

Malachii 10-13-2005 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why didnt you fold/push instead of calling his reraise preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dislike getting all in preflop with QQ, I would much rather call and play poker on the flop. The problem is that it really allows him to play perfectly against me... he calls with AA/KK and folds everything else. That said, given that I have no idea what his preflop reraising standards are, maybe a fold here has something to say for it.

amoeba 10-13-2005 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dislike getting all in preflop with QQ, I would much rather call and play poker on the flop. The problem is that it really allows him to play perfectly against me... he calls with AA/KK and folds everything else. That said, given that I have no idea what his preflop reraising standards are, maybe a fold here has something to say for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with the call the flop 3 bet line is that lets say flop comes Kxx or Axx, and he pushes JJ or TT?

I think if you know he'll push AK in to all under flop, calling the 3 bet is ok but otherwise I like pushing.

Malachii 10-13-2005 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with the call the flop 3 bet line is that lets say flop comes Kxx or Axx, and he pushes JJ or TT?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he pushes when there's a good chance that I have AK given how I've played so far, then I fold.
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you know he'll push AK in to all under flop, calling the 3 bet is ok but otherwise I like pushing

[/ QUOTE ] Honestly, I have no idea what he'd do here. All I know is that he's extremely very aggressiev preflop as far as putting in opening raises and that he'll call reraises when I 3 bet him from the button (but usually check/fold flop). I haven't seen him 3 bet yet preflop and I'm not sure how he'll play whatever he 3 bets after the flop.

soah 10-13-2005 05:37 PM

The numbers you posted do not add up correctly.

Your reraise was too big.

Once there's $144 in the pot, you can't worry about letting your opponent correctly fold against you. Letting them see three cards could cost you your stack.

I don't think he is going to fold after making it $66 to go preflop, and I would bet that he wins the hand more often than you do.

amoeba 10-13-2005 05:37 PM

hmm thats a good point there about him not knowing you might have AK.

I don't know its a tough spot but I think I make the call more often than not.

it sucks having the T out there though.

cs3 10-13-2005 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a tough spot. you have NO idea what he has on the flop which is why i dont think you can jsut call and play poker postflop. i would decide if my queens were good, (given your read i say they are) and then get it all in.

so you called and he showed TT or AK?

edit- last two posts pretty much beat me to my point

amoeba 10-13-2005 05:40 PM

btw, I think you should give serious considerations to laying down to the preflop 3 bet if you haven't seen it before.