Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Gas or brake? (3/6) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396126)

tansoku 12-11-2005 01:05 PM

Gas or brake? (3/6)

3/6 6 max 5 handed
I only have 18 hands on villain (50/11) so no real reads..

I'm Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Foled to me and I raise.
SB folds, BB 3bets, I cap he calls

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, raise, 3bet cap, call.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB bets, I?

Spicymoose 12-11-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Gas or brake? (3/6)

The only hands he has that beat you are QdJd, QdTd, JdTd. These seem pretty unlikely given the turn action. More likely he has one of the 8 combos of KQ, or way overplayed one of the 3 combos of AA. I guess he could even have KJ, but that isn't all that likely. I think this is a raise.

Peter Harris 12-11-2005 01:22 PM

raiiiiiiise it up boyyyyyyyy i think you're beating or chopping a K - if BB 3bets with K2, K3 or 22/33 so be it; call the threebet. If not you got betttttss

POKhER 12-11-2005 01:32 PM

I call, because hes relatively unknown and got dam aggressive.

But he prob Kx junk and puts you on overcards/pair.

You can raise.. Ill raise it somedays [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-11-2005 01:42 PM

This is a time to trust your read preflop and raise that sucker up. He doesnt have the flush since he wouldnt cap that turn. He doesnt have K4,K3 since he wouldnt 3-bet that preflop. The only hand I can put him on that beat you is 33(I 3-bet this in the bb). So that would fit perfectly. I think he has the same hand here, AA or KJ.

miami32 12-11-2005 01:48 PM

Def. raise. He most likely has AA. I think you are most likely winning this pot.

POKhER 12-11-2005 01:53 PM

Oh crap i didnt realise he 3bet preflop.

AA-JJ or 33 or KQ/KJ/KT or so.

Raise/call.

tansoku 12-12-2005 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hands he has that beat you are QdJd, QdTd, JdTd. These seem pretty unlikely given the turn action. More likely he has one of the 8 combos of KQ, or way overplayed one of the 3 combos of AA. I guess he could even have KJ, but that isn't all that likely. I think this is a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

My read at the time was that the turn is Kx of some flavor as a FD won't 3bet the turn, neither would A5 (this is a blind steal situation after all).
I also thought that he has to think I only do this with a Kx of some sort, which means he has a boat.
Assuming he thinks..big assumption.
Raise/call a 3bet is correct IMO, I think as worse Kx calls/raises as much as he has a boat here.
At the time my turn cap followed by his river lead screamed boat to me vs. an unknown.
I wussed out and called and he showed K5os...

12-12-2005 01:25 AM

go crazy. you're likely splitting, or maybe get lucky if he's a moran with AA.

Kumubou 12-12-2005 01:29 AM

If this guy 3-bet 44-22 or K4-K2 out of the BB (or jammed hard HU on the turn with a diamond draw), more power to him.

I raise/cap.

-K