Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2/4 - I think I only got the flop right on this one. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405701)

C-Dog 12-27-2005 02:23 AM

2/4 - I think I only got the flop right on this one.

Villain is new to the table (Hence the post).

I called PF figuring to try and flop a set, the odds arent there though, and I think reraise or fold is more in order.

The flop seems obvious, I flopped a set, I should cap it up.

The turn is where I go downhill. I donked out, figuring I didnt want a check behind, then when raised I thought the worst and backed off (Clearly my bad run affecting me).

Then I pair the river, and Donk again...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

Jake (The Snake) 12-27-2005 03:16 AM

Re: 2/4 - I think I only got the flop right on this one.

[ QUOTE ]
I called PF figuring to try and flop a set, the odds arent there though, and I think reraise or fold is more in order.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this is probably better. Giving BB odds to call is bad especially since you are OOP with 66.

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is where I go downhill. I donked out

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'd 3-bet. Still lots of hands he could have that we are ahead of.

12-27-2005 03:33 AM

I would have checkraised the turn because he probably had some two pair, and I'd call down if he 3bet the turn. In your case I would bet/3bet and fire again if just called, but check call if capped. I would not be too happy about the ace because it probably helped him more than it helped you.

W. Deranged 12-27-2005 03:40 AM

Check-raising the turn is probably a bit better. Call down to a three-bet.

River bet-call I think is definitely correct.

TheHammer24 12-27-2005 04:03 AM

I c/r the turn call a three bet. On the river, I bet/3-bet

Yerma 12-27-2005 04:41 AM

I don't think I'd take a flop.

Having taken a flop, I think I do what you did up until the river, but I'd actually check-call there. Having put him on AK/AA/KK by the turn, the only thing the river really does is lessen the chances he has AK or AA.

Rudbaeck 12-27-2005 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I'd take a flop.

Having taken a flop, I think I do what you did up until the river, but I'd actually check-call there. Having put him on AK/AA/KK by the turn, the only thing the river really does is lessen the chances he has AK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought we had therapy against monster-under-the-bed-itis these days? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Bet-call is good on the river.

12-27-2005 10:03 AM

Dont like the PF action.

Other then that, definately need to 3 bet the turn here as you are ahead with alot of the hands he is taking this line with.

If he capped you on the turn then I am just check calling the horrible horrible Ace, if he called your 3 bet on the turn, then bet/call is the best line.

I feel bet/3bet is a better line on the turn rather then the check raise as he is going to be behind a lot of the time here. Especially when you also factor in your defending your blind and the majority of players tend to over value their hands when attacking a defended blind.