Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   funny hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288194)

Tommy Angelo 07-07-2005 02:55 PM

funny hand

I’m in the $20-40 at the Mirage right now and I had to run upstairs to tell you about this funny hand that just happened. I had just got in the game. I played both blinds floplessly and then I got 87s on the button. One guy limped. I raised. The small blind folded and the big blind called. Three players.

The flop was 10-10-6, with two of my suit. They both checked, I bet, and they both called. The turn was an offsuit queen. They checked and I checked. The river was an offsuit king. They checked and I checked.

The big blind turned over 9-8, for nine-high. The limper turned over 9-7, same hand. I mucked. There were words and squirms. I have to go. I think it’s my blind.

Tommy

Clarkmeister 07-07-2005 02:58 PM

Re: funny hand

This is the same sequence we talked about yesterday. Only you got the river wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

highlife 07-07-2005 02:58 PM

sounds like a good game.

Clarkmeister 07-07-2005 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it the "I’m in the $20-40 at the Mirage " that gave it away?

highlife 07-07-2005 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heh yeah.

Lestat 07-07-2005 03:10 PM

Why did you check the river?

PokerBob 07-07-2005 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sounds like a good game.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are these games typically that soft? I found the Bellagio 15 games to be like taking candy from a baby last month. Is the Mirage just as good?

Turning Stone Pro 07-07-2005 03:54 PM

No offense, but you absolutely suck at poker. . .

Same old story, another post of a ridiculously-poorly played hand. You can't find a bet on the turn? With a gutshot and flush draw? Holy Smokes. And check it down like a weak-tight moron?

It is hard describe how weak the limit holdem games in this country have become.

People ask me why I work anymore, and it's getting tougher and tougher to come up with a legitimate response.

TSP

spamuell 07-07-2005 04:09 PM

Re: No offense, but you absolutely suck at poker. . .

[ QUOTE ]
People ask me why I work anymore, and it's getting tougher and tougher to come up with a legitimate response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a poker habit to maintain.

highlife 07-07-2005 04:25 PM

Re: No offense, but you absolutely suck at poker. . .

[ QUOTE ]
Same old story, another post of a ridiculously-poorly played hand. You can't find a bet on the turn? With a gutshot and flush draw? Holy Smokes. And check it down like a weak-tight moron?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with Tommy A. I would rather laugh at a stupid hand like this than nit over a missed bet on the turn.

You are "ridiculously-poor" at life.