Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   KK.......................... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405424)

12-26-2005 03:50 PM

KK..........................

Party 100 full

Villain has $118 and a 13 vpip, hero covers.

preflop
Villain limps UTG, hero raises to 5 in MP with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], villain limp reraises to 18, hero calls.

flop
Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
pot 37

villain bets 35, hero folds

12-26-2005 03:59 PM

Re: KK..........................

given villians stats and RR - I do like that fold

what does he RR pf w/ other than AA, KK, QQ and maybe AK? you're looking to draw to 2 outs, split, or the freak chance that he is playing uber sagro w. AK you are looking good

good fold

2PAUL2 12-26-2005 04:59 PM

ye looks good. that flop prolly saved you money against villains AA anyway.

paul

12-26-2005 05:57 PM

Fine as long as a flop not including the Q or J (particularly the Q) would have meant chips being sent flying by you. As I'm sure you know you did not have odds to call PF purely for set value.

12-26-2005 07:36 PM

I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes. If you have something like 45 hands on the villain, your stats mean very little in this situation.

I might just raise to 50 and push any flop to make it easier for him to call.

apaugust 12-26-2005 07:41 PM

I would have put in a big re-raise pf

Fallen Hero 12-26-2005 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes. If you have something like 45 hands on the villain, your stats mean very little in this situation.

I might just raise to 50 and push any flop to make it easier for him to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate pushing kings pf with 100bb's stacks. I also hate 3betting a limpreraise and pushing a Qhigh flop. I need to know something about this guy to play my hand like this.

12-26-2005 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't care how tight he is, I'm pushing preflop unless I have hundreds of hands on villain and seen him limp-raise QQ+ with my own eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense.

Morrek 12-26-2005 07:50 PM

This is a good flop fold. Preflop is good too imo, in the off-case he has AK or QQ you don't wanna chase him away, but this flop is just as worse as it gets pretty much.

Isura 12-27-2005 12:20 AM

Push this preflop and take your chances. You barely have odds to play for set value preflop.

12-27-2005 02:20 AM

I didn't call for set value. I also wouldn't push preflop in this situation because it allows my opponents to never make a mistake.

Isura 12-27-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't call for set value. I also wouldn't push preflop in this situation because it allows my opponents to never make a mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did you call then? And I find it funny when you say that pushing allows your opponent to play perfectly.

12-27-2005 03:00 AM

Since villain is pretty tight, its reasonable to assume he has at least a decent understanding of preflop holdings. If I push with these stacks, he folds everything except AA and KK. I called with the intention to push over any bet on almost any flop(except for ugly ones like this), and play poker on an Ace high flop. Of course we push KK preflop in a ton of situations, but I wouldn't do it in this one given that its HU against a tight villain with 100bb stacks.

Maulik 12-27-2005 03:51 AM

villain could have AA,KK,JJ, AQ,AK, AJ, etc.... please get all your chips in preflop beacuse he could have junk. Don't fold to this action heads up.

the only question is how to get worse hands to come in for the ride baby!

that's no limit.

FreakDaddy 12-27-2005 04:00 AM

Well played. I'd play it the same. Good fold.

Did you have a question, or did you just want to confirm your play?

Mr. Sakuraba 12-27-2005 12:38 PM

Sakuraba = Preflop push.
Maybe thats why i always see AA. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Pocket77s 12-27-2005 01:50 PM

I think you are either up against AA or QQ, a lot of people make this play when there is aggressive person on their left with a monster.

Finite_Risk 12-27-2005 01:59 PM

Add me to the list of people wondering why you call Mr Tighty preflop, then fold an over pair on the flop...

12-27-2005 02:48 PM

Because the only two reasonable holdings you might have been ahead of preflop just made their set. And you're still behind AA.

12-27-2005 02:52 PM

Of course if you think villain is capable of big folds you might try and use the presence of the Q and J to push him off his AA. This attempt will usually be unsuccessful.

Finite_Risk 12-27-2005 03:00 PM

So let me get this straight...you call his limp reraise looking for a K on the flop or a 7 4 2 rainbow flop

But then you're still behind AA

And he is still betting the same amount on the flop

So how exactly do you know where you are?

What do you do on a 742r flop if he pots it?

Call down because you have eliminated one half of his hand range (QQ)?

Murderous 12-27-2005 05:30 PM

V$IP = 13 over how many hands? Regardless, it is a standard fold considering the numerous hands that beat you.

You played it fine, pretty standard stuff...

--M