Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Very Interesting 5/10 Hand #1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406005)

12-27-2005 05:00 PM

Very Interesting 5/10 Hand #1

SB is maniacal. (76/32/3.5 after 500 hands)
Button is also very LAG, and almost as crazy. (77/39/1.2 after 200 hands)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

River: (6 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero?

Any idea what to do?

In the actual hand, I called, button raised and SB called, now what?

TomBrooks 12-27-2005 05:18 PM

Re: Very Interesting 5/10 Hand #1

I'd call with second best pair since they are both so aggressive and especially since they both checked the turn.

Fiddler 12-27-2005 05:22 PM

Trapped between lags with MP, not fun. Given the turn action and that you now split with hands that beat you before I suppose trying for a 1BB showdown is alright but I don't call the raise. Maybe I will next time though depending on what they showed.

Can I ask what you planned on the turn? Check-fold or call down if button bet and SB folded? How about a bet fold on the turn instead? That is one drawy flop especially for LAGs with those PFR numbers that decided to limp pre-flop. Might even be profitable to call down the crazy if he raises again and SB folds.

12-27-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ask what you planned on the turn? Check-fold or call down if button bet and SB folded? How about a bet fold on the turn instead? That is one drawy flop especially for LAGs with those PFR numbers that decided to limp pre-flop. Might even be profitable to call down the crazy if he raises again and SB folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

SB was the crazy one. Or crazier at least. On the turn, I was calling one bet no matter what. Betting the turn may have been a better option, but who knew he would check?? If I bet the turn, it could very well come back 3 bets to me, and I think getting to the SD cheaply is my top priority in this hand.

As far as plans go, other than calling a turn bet, I had none. Making a plan is virtually pointless against these guys. They like to change our plans every time they act.

imported_leader 12-27-2005 07:22 PM

That's just odd. ummm...call? I guess and call the raise. I think we have to factor in that these guys are FOS frequently.