Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   has anyone read holdem for advanced players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386463)

11-27-2005 11:35 PM

has anyone read holdem for advanced players

is it about limit holdem , tournaments , nl or what

Skipbidder 11-28-2005 12:06 AM

Re: has anyone read holdem for advanced players

I've never heard of that book. I can recommend a different book for you, however: Winner's Guide to Texas Hold'Em by Ken Warren. It's really good.

11-28-2005 12:31 AM

don't mind the trolls... it's a very advanced book for limit. more for tough, tight games. i find it tough to read and i was good at math (math isn't daunting or anything, more just the situations are complex)

i see your other thread... SSHE by ed miller (and sklansky too) is to maximize winning at lower levels. loose-passive mostly (i suppose loose-aggressive too), but basically loose (non-tough) games.

they'll probably tell you to search more, but i find the search engine unbearable here.

Luke 11-28-2005 12:37 AM

Limit Hold'em...

And by the way, your question is sort of like walking into a church and asking if anyone has heard of or read the Bible.

Luke

tinhat 11-28-2005 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And by the way, your question is sort of like walking into a church and asking if anyone has heard of or read the Bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen brother...

Skipbidder 11-28-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
don't mind the trolls...

[/ QUOTE ]

OP comes to the 2+2 forums and asks if anyone has read Hold'Em Poker for Advanced Players, and *I'm* suddenly the troll?

housenuts 11-28-2005 03:29 AM

i doubt it

xxx 11-28-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD

jim grass 11-28-2005 08:40 PM

Skip your advice is poor at best.
Since you havent heard of HPFAP you are relatively new to the game.
Please be cautious what you reccommend till you are well versed in proper theory etc.
I see much of this now with all the new influx of WPT schooled ace raggers coming aboard.

jim grass

jojobinks 11-28-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skip your advice is poor at best.
Since you havent heard of HPFAP you are relatively new to the game.
Please be cautious what you reccommend till you are well versed in proper theory etc.
I see much of this now with all the new influx of WPT schooled ace raggers coming aboard.

jim grass

[/ QUOTE ]

yes! things are heating up now. more, more!