Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   POKER AS A LIFESTYLE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=821)

04-06-2002 06:06 PM

POKER AS A LIFESTYLE

I was reading the NY TIMES when I came across an article that dealt with the life of an alcoholic. I find many things similar between the lifestyle of an alcoholic and that of a poker player. We all know about all the issues that we must deal with. However, it is such like a value bet with a board of a flop 5 7 9 and a turn 2 and a river of A to value bet your 88's! I hate when I eat all that shit that makes me fatter than I am, and then I look around the table and see all these people who you'd find at a race track and a bar who make me feel like I am wasting away with the rest of these wretched souls. Anyways, I may have gone a little off topic, but the gist of this post, is poker is a $hitty lifestyle and I don't want to become like the 90% of the mopes arounf the table, maybe I have already become one, AHHHHHH!!

Just my humble thoughts

El Cid

04-06-2002 08:02 PM

Re: POKER AS A LIFESTYLE

Just don't make Poker your only outlet in life, and you'll be fine. Addicts only live for their addiction.

04-07-2002 05:39 AM

Then don't play if you don't like the lifestyle. Don't whine about the lifestyle. You call the other players at the table mopes. Like your better than them. Guess what, your not! Why if you play poker its seen as a bad thing? This is my lifestyle and its far from your comparison to an alcoholic. Your confusing poker players with degenerate gamblers. True some poker players are degenerate gamblers. But i'm sure whatever field your in there are alcoholics and degenerate gamblers. Doesn't mean that its right to make a generalization that your lifestyle is not good because its the life of an alcoholic or of a degenerate gambler. Many people enjoy this lifestyle. It may not be for everybody. But just because it doesn't fit you doesn't mean you should knock it. Usually its losing players that say this becasue there jealous of the players that make it i've noticed.

04-07-2002 11:55 AM

Pokerguy has it right. There are losers in every occupation--poker is no different. To be successful at playing poker for a living takes work and discipline. For those of us who choose to take the necessary steps to become winning players, poker is a terrific lifestyle. It's certainly not for everyone, but you should not knock those of us who love what we do. Babe

04-08-2002 08:40 AM

Sounds like a mope. *NM*

04-08-2002 09:49 AM

You sound like a class act yourself!

From most of your posts you sound like some bitter ugly chick. There's a reason nobody wants you and it has nothing with your looks. Your personality is much uglier than your looks i'm sure. Well it might be close only you know for sure.

04-08-2002 11:28 AM

My personality is as ugly as my face. *NM*

04-08-2002 04:25 PM

Addicted??????

Addicted is what the weak call the determined.

04-08-2002 08:06 PM

good lord, give her a break!!

you don't even know this girl. no reason to be nasty...

04-08-2002 08:28 PM

Re: good lord, give her a break!!

Baggins,

I do know this girl. I know her to come out and rip someone for no good reason. She says something nasty and leaves. Never has anything nice to say. Just wants to try to make people miserable so they can be like her. Oh and btw i know your looking to laid. But you got know shot with her. I don't think she likes men.