Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Nice Fold! (low content, maybe amusing) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227493)

JFB37 04-07-2005 12:06 AM

Nice Fold! (low content, maybe amusing)

5/5 game at a NY club (the one with a really high WPT envy factor). I've been there 45 min but never played with anyone at this table. Typical uber LAG play all around. I've got $485.

I'm on the button with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Raised to 30 by UTG+1, two others call, I call and then both blinds call.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Pre-flop raiser (who I already know can raise or bet with anything) bets $200. Two folds to me and I call. Blinds fold.

Turn is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Raiser bets $250. I have $255 left so I through it all in. That means there is $1085 in the pot and the re-raiser is facing a "re-raise" of $5.

He says, "I don't have the outs to call" and flips over 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

I would have thought there was no situation not worth getting 216:1 to see the last card, but maybe that was it.

B Mando 04-07-2005 01:03 AM

Re: Nice Fold! (low content, maybe amusing)

Haha, nice. I was watching my friend play a late night drunken sng last weekend and we saw a guy commit all his chips but 70 and dump it on an Ace high flop...there was 2100 in the pot already. We both got a kick out of it. This was super low limits though...certainly not for 100s of dollars.

Chaostracize 04-07-2005 01:05 AM

Those are good enough odds for me to see a K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the river.

quix0tic 04-07-2005 05:10 AM

You could be thinking on the HIGHEST level and clutching your successful 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] semibluff with disbelief.

bkholdem 04-07-2005 06:38 AM

I was playing a second level sit n go the other day re: wsop entry. I was heads up and the blinds were up there. I tried to steal preflop, was raised, and I called. I flopped a flush draw no pair. I played my flush draw agressively and hoped I could pick up the pot. After my turn bet and call I had no pair and my flush didn't hit so I figured I was dead (board had KQ...). I continued betting my draw and hit a seven on the river to give me a pair (like 4th pair). There's like 5g in Tchips in the pot and the other guy has 60Tchips left. All of a sudden he pauses. I'm watching the clock and figure he's gonna time on me. A time bank runs... Then he types "show?". I type nothing back. He folds, and then doubles up like five times straight, catches great cards, and goes on to win...

Oh yeah, it was a limit s-n-g which I didn't realize until after it started lol.

cero_z 04-07-2005 04:27 PM

Hi JFB37,

You have to make an excellent read to determine that 216 to 1 is not enough. He nailed this one.

Loci 04-07-2005 04:42 PM

He should have pushed the flop... lol... odds don't matter when no one calls.

aggie 04-07-2005 04:50 PM

This turns out to be a horrible fold as a 5 or a 6 could concievably win this one for him. You must have a tell.

Did you ever think about just calling the turn and allowing him to bluff off the last $5. Clearly this would have been the highest EV play. Think about it, he can only fold if he has no outs so there is no value in betting to get him off his hand.

mgsimpleton 04-07-2005 05:51 PM

after he folded, did you say "i was on the flush draw"?

JFB37 04-07-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you ever think about just calling the turn and allowing him to bluff off the last $5. Clearly this would have been the highest EV play. Think about it, he can only fold if he has no outs so there is no value in betting to get him off his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, no. I figured anyone would call the extra five and I would just save a little time. I guess the point of this thread is that you should never, ever, stop thinking about how to maximize value.