Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   TT prays for a good turn card and gets... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390409)

Aaron W. 12-03-2005 04:25 AM

TT prays for a good turn card and gets...

UTG is a very loose player and is medium-aggressive preflop. I looked up the PT stats afterward and he has a 13 PFR after 113 hands. The table is pretty loose and passive in general.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero...

MrWookie47 12-03-2005 04:31 AM

Re: TT prays for a good turn card and gets...

I vote for check and see.

deepsquat 12-03-2005 04:33 AM

yeah im checking. Thats nasty.

imported_leader 12-03-2005 04:50 AM

I'm 3-betting the flop. You have the best hand here enough, and you can't protect your hand on the turn anyway. Given that you didn't, I check that card.

Edit: This month's goal is proof reading my posts

admiralfluff 12-03-2005 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 3-betting the flop. You hand the best hand here enough and you can't protect you hand on the turn anyway. Given that you didn't I check that card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Where's Leroy Jenkins when you need him?

scotty34 12-03-2005 06:23 AM

Seems like a pretty obvious 3-bet on the flop. Given that you didn't, I think I like a check here. The aggressor acts right after you, and you get a good chance to see what unfolds after this scare card.

Aaron W. 12-03-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 3-betting the flop. You have the best hand here enough, and you can't protect your hand on the turn anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the flop call about protection on the turn? My mind was on something very different.

Wynton 12-03-2005 12:20 PM

I'm going to disagree with everyone. I bet the turn and then reevaluate. That card is a scare card for other people too. In any event, it's not necessarily the case that anyone's on a straight draw.

I also agree with 3-betting the flop.

imitation 12-03-2005 12:47 PM

3-bet the flop, bet the turn, then make your decision

J. Stew 12-03-2005 01:11 PM

How bout bet/folding the turn. If he had sevens he'll raise and we fold. If he has jax he'll prolly raise again as he would with set. If he had nines he might just call thinking you have overpair like TT or JJ. Ehhh I dunno, bet/folding might suck. Maybe c/c would be better cause the only way to protect our hand if it's best, is bet and use button's raise but that sux for us if that happens. I think I'd prolly bet/fold, but I still drive a Honda.