Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I drink a lot of water (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356773)

DavidC 10-13-2005 10:49 AM

I drink a lot of water

Typically 3L/day or more.

Is this okay?

I don't know... I find that my room is pretty hot, and my mouth dry, so I just keep drinking.

I know that if you drink TOO much water, after doing lots of sweating, it can lead to an electrolite imbalance with severe consequences, but I'm absolutely nowhere near that imbalance. This is just a lot of water, that's all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This leads to me going to the bathroom a lot, which is inconvenient.

But mainly I'm just curious if there would be any medical reason other than "you're thirsty" for me drinking this much water, and whether it's good or bad to do so.

--Dave.

jakethebake 10-13-2005 10:50 AM

Re: I drink a lot of water

This post leads me to the conclusion that you're more imbalanced than you give yourself credit for.

Los Feliz Slim 10-13-2005 10:52 AM

I drink well over a gallon of water a day. I've been wondering this as well.

daveymck 10-13-2005 10:55 AM

Drinking too much water is bad for you, however I dont know how much too much is.

tomdemaine 10-13-2005 10:59 AM

I propose a grand experiment! Gentlemen fetch your hoses.

daveymck 10-13-2005 11:00 AM

This article may help

DavidC 10-13-2005 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This article may help

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Jake and Dave.

--Dave.

Warik 10-13-2005 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This article may help

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Ideally, we need to drink at least two litres (eight glasses) of pure water per day, in addition to other fluids, such as alcohol, tea, coffee and soft drinks

[/ QUOTE ]

This article rules!

jdl22 10-13-2005 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This article may help

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dave.

I'm always curious about this:
[ QUOTE ]
It's important to not wait until you feel thirsty, as thirst receptors are a poor judge of how fluid deficient you are, and you are already significantly dehydrated the time you feel a craving to drink. Aim to drink fluids regularly throughout the day rather than just drinking when you feel thirsty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard this before but I could drink a gallon of water now and ten minutes after finishing it feel thirsty. I don't see how this is true. I've wondered if I have some sort of medical issue but I've been like that for as long as I remember.

edited because I apparently can't copy and paste apparently.

STLantny 10-13-2005 12:28 PM

When Im cutting (losing fat, not some kind of gay goth thing), I drink 1.5-2 gallons of water a day, basically, because it helps with being hungry etc. Ideally a good rule of thumb, if you pee 4-5 clear pees a day, you are getting the right about of water