Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   AK suited vs. ridiculous overbet...Super Monday (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=330433)

stevepa 09-05-2005 11:05 PM

AK suited vs. ridiculous overbet...Super Monday

I'm at a little over 3500 at 25/50 blinds. I've been fairly aggressive and people haven't really been playing back. However, this is the main villain's first hand at the table. UTG+1 and 2 have been here a while, are semi-loose but pretty passive.

Hero UTG (3615)
UTG+1 (1720)
UTG+2 (1735)
Villain CO (3210)

Preflop:
Hero raises to T150 with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Villain raises to T3210 (all-in)
Hero...?

Steve

Rduke55 09-05-2005 11:08 PM

Re: AK suited vs. ridiculous overbet...Super Monday

Fold.
It looks like it may be JJ or something but you're doing well and I wouldn't risk it on what's probably a coinflip at best.

runout_mick 09-06-2005 12:04 AM

If you think he has JJ, why fold? I'd be all in in a heartbeat if I put him on JJ, dead money in the pot...

Read dependent. would this player do this with AA or KK? If you answer "yes", or "I don't know", it may be a fold.

Otherwise push...

LethalRose 09-06-2005 12:08 AM

push

09-06-2005 12:16 AM

Mike, calling versus a JJ here is a terrible move. Still very early in the tourney, why would you want to take a coinflip? Theres only five hundred in there as dead money anyways. This is an easy fold, the only hands you'd want to call against are AJ or AQ. Stop thinking of it as a money game, the goal isnt to get in there with some tiny edge.

TomHimself 09-06-2005 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mike, calling versus a JJ here is a terrible move. Still very early in the tourney, why would you want to take a coinflip? Theres only five hundred in there as dead money anyways. This is an easy fold, the only hands you'd want to call against are AJ or AQ. Stop thinking of it as a money game, the goal isnt to get in there with some tiny edge.

[/ QUOTE ]yes it is

09-06-2005 12:19 AM

Only over-zealous beginners would go all-in on KK-AA.. and I mean just starting out.. I'd call

09-06-2005 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm taking a coin-flip any day.. that's how you win tournaments.. if you're going to fold AKs, why play to win?

Exitonly 09-06-2005 12:25 AM

you're supposed to push small edges early in tournaments, and try and accumulate a lot of chips....

I push here

stevepa 09-06-2005 12:31 AM

RESULTS

Thanks for the replies. I really had trouble putting him on a hand (given there is no hand I would play that way). I ended up deciding it was probably AK or a mid pair. Also, I couldn't get the idea of some guy who's heard about this great thing called a squeeze play where you push over a raise and a couple calls...so I called. He had 66 and I won the flip. When I thought about it afterwards, it seemed a little crazy to put my entire stack at risk at that point. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who would!

Steve