Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do we like this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=243820)

gharp 05-02-2005 12:18 AM

Do we like this?

Anyone play this different? Raise preflop? Flop? Turn?? I think I liked going for overcalls on the turn, but in hindsight I'm starting to wonder...

Button is pretty loose, playing A/K-anything or anything connected. MP1 is tighter, but still a questionable player (ragged aces, limping KK, etc). Not too much of a read on their levels of aggression pre/post flop though.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (19.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

GrunchCan 05-02-2005 12:23 AM

Re: Do we like this?

Raise the turn. I can understand PFRing if your goal is to win the button. But there's so many opponents already, I'll just limp along here. If you were considering PFRing for some other reason, please explain.

benkath1 05-02-2005 12:28 AM

I like it. Being trapped between 2 raisers makes this call/checkraise look good. Nice hand.

ArturiusX 05-02-2005 12:30 AM

I like it if you know the buttons hyper aggressive. Call, let him raise, the rest of the field will call, them make em pay one more. Like overcalling, but we can raise them after they all call [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Ianco15 05-02-2005 12:33 AM

I think I raise the turn unless you are fairly certain button will raise the turn for you. It looks nice the way it is, but it would look really bad if button just calls on the turn.

reubenf 05-02-2005 12:36 AM

I like just calling the turn if you think it's likely button will raise. If nobody raises, you still get overcalls and a shot a raising the river that you probably wouldn't get if you raise the turn.

Shillx 05-02-2005 12:40 AM

If nobody raises, you still get overcalls and a shot a raising the river that you probably wouldn't get if you raise the turn.

The problem with not raising the turn is that people aren't going to be calling river raises unless they get there. Anyone with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s is going to be calling all turn raises, but they will fold to a river raise if they miss. You also have to consider that someone might make it 3-bets if they have a big hand like a set or 2-pair.

Brad

gharp 05-02-2005 12:40 AM

I never considered PFRing, but thought that some of the other posters here might, so I threw it in there. I often feel like I'm not nearly as aggressive PF as a lot of the people here (about 7% over ~7k hands) and I wonder what they're raising that I'm not.

FWIW, I think not raising the flop was pretty obvious too - again, I was just throwing it out there.

GrunchCan 05-02-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If nobody raises, you still get overcalls and a shot a raising the river that you probably wouldn't get if you raise the turn.

The problem with not raising the turn is that people aren't going to be calling river raises unless they get there. Anyone with 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s is going to be calling all turn raises, but they will fold to a river raise if they miss. You also have to consider that someone might make it 3-bets if they have a big hand like a set or 2-pair.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, there's realy no certianty that the button will raise yet again on the turn. We don't have any reads, so we really don't know how he will respond to a stop &amp; go. Even tourists know something is odd about a stop &amp; go. He certiantly won't fold - but he may not raise. I'd raise the turn b/c then I'd be certian than 2 bets are going in. If he was going to 2-bet, he might also 3-bet.

reubenf 05-02-2005 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I only like it if it's likely button will raise again.