Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "The Island" starring Scarlet *DROOL* (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295545)

TheCroShow 07-18-2005 08:08 PM

\"The Island\" starring Scarlet *DROOL*

So the trailers are out for "The Island" and it looks incredible, and OH BABY Scarlet Johanssen (sp?) looks AMAZING.

anyway, the concept to the movie is not entirely original..i'm trying to figure out where this story has been done before. i believe it was in an episode of a tv show like sliders or quantam leap...does anyone else recall this episode or movie??

from what i can remember, a male character was checking out the line-ups for the atm, and quickly realized you can withdraw any amount you wanted. in his moment of greed the character withdrew a hideous amount of money, as he walked away, a citizen commented, "gotta admire the gamblers," or something to that extent. the character from the beginning "won" the lottery and it was later revealed that he would be killed.

HELP ME! where has this story been done before??

Grivan 07-18-2005 08:57 PM

Re: \"The Island\" starring Scarlet *DROOL*

Try this

Edit by Dynasty:

Grivan,

As soon as I clicked on that link I got a message saying my virus detector found and deleted a virus. It was a high risk virus.

morello 07-18-2005 10:30 PM

Sliders did an episode exactly like that. The winner of the lottery received a lot of money, but was to be executed shortly.

Of course, there is also the classic short story "The Lottery" by Shirley Jackson.

James Boston 07-18-2005 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and OH BABY Scarlet Johanssen

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a rumor that, in one scene, she thought it would be more realistic if she were topless, but the director wanted to maintain the PG-13 rating. Needless to say, I won't be seeing it now.

TheCroShow 07-18-2005 10:37 PM

ah, so it was sliders eh? that was bugging me all day. looks like a cool movie

PorscheNGuns 07-18-2005 11:20 PM

While it may have been redone yet again in Sliders, this whole movie smells like a remake of "Logan's Run"

-Matt

eric5148 07-18-2005 11:27 PM

I don't care if it's a remake of Gone Fishin'. If Scarlett's in it, I want to see it.

PorscheNGuns 07-18-2005 11:28 PM

rumor has it she is one of those girls who is obsessed with her own big boobs, and she insisted on doing full frontal in the love scene, but the director would not allow it

-Matt

moondogg 07-18-2005 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rumor has it she is one of those girls who is obsessed with her own big boobs, and she insisted on doing full frontal in the love scene, but the director would not allow it

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Link

eric5148 07-18-2005 11:30 PM

And it's bad that she wants to show her boobs more? I like her a lot more now.