Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Vegas Nightclub Question (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369757)

Rulnick 11-01-2005 04:36 PM

Vegas Nightclub Question

Maybe not relevant to the B&M poker scene, but I was just wondering if anyone has checked out the new Tao nightclub at the Venetian? I know the one in NYC is supposed to be good and wouldn't mind checking this one out when I'm there in December to play poker..See there's the poker connection

11-01-2005 10:42 PM

Re: Vegas Nightclub Question

Haven't been there, but go to PURE at Caesars. Unbelievable!

Luv2DriveTT 11-01-2005 11:48 PM

Tao in NYC is a restaurant with a bar scene filled with bridge and tunnel types. AKA.... it sucks. But the food is pretty decent at lunchtime.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

colgin 11-02-2005 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe not relevant to the B&M poker scene, but I was just wondering if anyone has checked out the new Tao nightclub at the Venetian? I know the one in NYC is supposed to be good and wouldn't mind checking this one out when I'm there in December to play poker..See there's the poker connection

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in Vegas last week and had dinner with my wife and inlaws at the restaurant portion of Tao (which is pretty much identical to the menu at Tao in NYC). We went at around 10:30 and the line for the Tao club next door was pretty insane so I guess it must be considered kind of hot. We did not check out the club however.

We did go to Rain in the Palms the next night which was OK for a big club. By the time we left at 12:30 a.m. the line to get in was sick (in part because they were holding people up even though the inside was not totally packed).

Before Rain we went to GhostBar at the top of the Palms which is a cool bar that I would definitely recommend.

DrCool 11-02-2005 02:05 PM

Going to Vegas in a couple weeks for a conference and might get to go to PURE. A partner of ours is throwing a party there. Last year it was at Rain. Generally speaking I am not a big club guy but it is always nice to at least check the places out.

Rulnick 11-02-2005 10:20 PM

I've been to almost all the good nightclubs out there, but since Tao is new haven't gotten a chacne to check it out. What dates are you going to be there, because I am definitely going to Pure the Tuesday of my trip which is December 6th. Let me know I'm probably doing some sort of VIP thing there

kyleb 11-03-2005 12:08 AM

The place in the MGM is pretty good - I can't remember the name of it, but I made it a stop during my strip nightclub crawl.

NateDog 11-03-2005 01:36 AM

Light at Bellagio was the one I enjoyed the most during my last trip. Forty Deuce at Mandalay was a pretty cool scene. It's a burlesque show/club/lounge.

Riddler 11-03-2005 01:38 AM

I try to go to Vegas 4xs a year. Venitian seems to be an older crowd and the scene is not that great. Try Pure in Caesars on Tues, Tabu in MGM on Thurs, Light in Bellagio on Sundays and any time you are out past 1am on the weekend go to Drais in the Barbery Coast.

Oh yea, you can never go wrong at the Ghost Bar in the Palms.

Da Riddler

midas 11-03-2005 09:18 AM

If you have some company already, a good alternative to Ghost is Mix at the top of The Hotel at Mandalay. Great views with an ultra-lounge vibe.