Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   l4yer cake (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406818)

asofel 12-28-2005 11:55 PM

Re: l4yer cake

yea what's the deal with Matthew Vaughn and the tie ins that they're not shy about mentioning....

Paluka 12-28-2005 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think both Lock Stock and Snatch are much much better than Layer Cake. Snatch is one of my favorite movies. I barely liked Layer Cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock Stock: agree
Snatch: strongly disagree. Snatch was a very poor man's Lock Stock and if it wasn't for Brad Pitt's gypsy character, it would be entirely forgettable.

Lock Stock > Layer Cake > Snatch

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who saw Lock Stock first prefers it, everyone who saw Snatch first prefers Snatch. I've never met someone who broke this pattern.

ononimo 12-29-2005 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think both Lock Stock and Snatch are much much better than Layer Cake. Snatch is one of my favorite movies. I barely liked Layer Cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Snatch: strongly disagree. Snatch was a very poor man's Lock Stock and if it wasn't for Brad Pitt's gypsy character, it would be entirely forgettable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone who saw Lock Stock first prefers it, everyone who saw Snatch first prefers Snatch. I've never met someone who broke this pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps, but the reason that i dislike Snatch is because it seems like a weak retread of themes Lock Stock already explored and since Lock Stock was filmed first, it was the movie that influenced/inspired Snatch, not the other way around.

obsidian 12-29-2005 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I follow this trend as well.

daryn 12-29-2005 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paluka = wise

they don't call him the meddling mage for nothing

asofel 12-29-2005 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

paluka = wise

they don't call him the meddling mage for nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true...i saw Snatch first and thought it was better...since then i've seen Lock, Stock and that's a damn good movie...hard to say which is "better"...

asofel 12-29-2005 12:24 AM

btw, I thought it was typically [censored] how they used Sienna Miller for about 2 minutes and yet advertised her as "in the movie"...although what should I really be expecting...

/nooob

KDawgCometh 12-29-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, have any of you seen the Mean Machine? None of my friends have seen it and I'm wondering if its that rare or what...

[/ QUOTE ]

I own it. I found it at borders, its a little hard to find, but its the best of all of the Longest yard movies(including teh original with burt reynolds)

KDawgCometh 12-29-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, I'm breaking the trend. I'm KDawg(Keith)

Blarg 12-29-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Both Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels & Snatch were good and I believe this is directed by the same guy. Might have to pick it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this is the producer of those, directing for the first time.