Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Forum Request: Digest (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389899)

MrWookie47 12-02-2005 12:29 PM

Forum Request: Digest

One of the things that's enjoyed much success in both SS and the Micro forum is a weekly digest. This is a post that gets made once a week and is stickied at the top of the forum. It contains links to the best posts of the past week so that people are sure not to miss out on interesting threads. Is this something you guys would like to see in this forum? If it is, well, we need a few volunteers. We need one person to actually write it all up, and we could use 1-3 more to send the main person links to what they view as worthy posts as they encounter them. Any takers?

Wynton 12-02-2005 12:34 PM

Re: Forum Request: Digest

I think a digest is an excellent idea, especially if someone other than me is doing all the real work.

If you don't get enough volunteers - and I'm sure you will -I could help with sending links the "main person."

2planka 12-02-2005 01:09 PM

Great idea.

Roy6 12-02-2005 01:11 PM

this is an excellent idea

Peter Harris 12-02-2005 01:14 PM

I am willing to do the writing; it will be fairly impartial as none of my posts are worthy lolol.

I'd like at least 2 people to shortlist offerings for me. I will go and check out the SS/Micro digests now to get a feel for the job.

I reckon I can do this for 2006 then reassess.

MrWookie47 12-02-2005 01:21 PM

Awesome. You're hired.

I'll be sure to fire off links every so often. Let's get a couple more people. Wynton? ... Bueller? ... Bueller?

MrWookie47 12-02-2005 01:22 PM

Oh, and what day of the week would you like to post it? You can have your pick. Fire me or StellarWind off a PM when you post it so that we can make it a sticky.

POKhER 12-02-2005 01:31 PM

If anyone drops out, I'll do it.

Do we just find the most interesting posts this week then? Or take the top 10 with replies or what?

MrWookie47 12-02-2005 01:38 PM

You'll be a link sender? Great. It's pretty subjective what ones you nominate. The primary criterion is, what posts do you think everyone should have read? It may also be threads in which you want to spur further discussion. They may be short or long, but whatever threads make you think the most are the ones you should be nominating.

Peter Harris 12-02-2005 01:40 PM

My standard post day will be wednesday, as i have classes next semester every weekday except that day.

I am also a UK based poster, but that wont matter if it's sticky, will it [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

we limeys still have excellent poker sense...sometimes.