Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Dating a Japanese Girl (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391968)

12-05-2005 04:37 PM

Dating a Japanese Girl

I'm a caucasion American in college and my new girlfriend is Japanese -- she's here for college and has been here about 5 years. I made her my girlfriend but neither of us are really sure what that means. Anyway I like her and I'm pretty sure she likes me, but she's very cautious when it comes to relationships. I think this has to do with her being a traditional Japanese girl. So, to make a long story short, she always wants to spend time with me but I can't get physical with her at all. I'm embarrassed to say that after 3 weeks of dating the most I've done was kiss her on the cheek. Am I wrong for wanting too much too soon?

The thing is, she is a quality girl and I like that - I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier, but she wouldn't be of the same pedigree. But the problem is I can't let this go on forever and I don't want a platonic relationship.

Any general advice or information on Japanese customs would be appreciated. I'll post more details upon request.

soko 12-05-2005 05:20 PM

Re: Dating a Japanese Girl

[ QUOTE ]
I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier

[/ QUOTE ]
Right

[ QUOTE ]
but she wouldn't be of the same pedigree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wrong

Jinx 12-05-2005 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm embarrassed to say that after 3 weeks of dating the most I've done was kiss her on the cheek. Am I wrong for wanting too much too soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you are a monster for wanting a kiss on the lips before you've married her for 3 years. What did you think she was a [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, she is a quality girl and I like that - I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier,

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you really? You have spent 3 weeks on a girl who won't kiss you.

soko 12-05-2005 05:32 PM

In all seriousness take a step back and look at what you're doing.

You're in a relationship.

Instead of telling her what you want, you're telling internet strangers.

You're never going to get what you want from us, you have to tell her, this is what I want, if I can't get it from you, i'm gonna get it from her.

As much as the "nice guys" hate to admit it, you don't get what you want from a girl by asking, you get it by telling.

Solami17 12-05-2005 05:52 PM

Go out and get some for goodness sake...you sound like the horniest guy in America

DalaiLama 12-05-2005 06:10 PM

Subscribe to pbtv for 6 months while you gain her trust. Make it apparent that you want to be more physical. Reassess the situation in a couple of months and proceed as necessary. You're relationship sounds very innocent at this point, so I think you're free to pursue other strange on the side. hth

12-05-2005 06:17 PM

Turn yourself into a giant tentacle monster.

Colonel Kataffy 12-05-2005 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this has to do with her being a traditional Japanese girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression easy kinky sex was the custom with Japanese girls. Time to rethink my summer in japan vacation plans [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

murellus 12-05-2005 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the impression easy kinky sex was the custom with Japanese girls. Time to rethink my summer in japan vacation plans [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

12-05-2005 06:43 PM

You gotta be her oniichan first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

12-05-2005 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have sex hotels in Tokyo, and no Judea-Christian values. I am pretty sure that they are kinkier that white chicks.

[ QUOTE ]
So, to make a long story short, she always wants to spend time with me but I can't get physical with her at all. I'm embarrassed to say that after 3 weeks of dating the most I've done was kiss her on the cheek.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is obviously slow-playing a strong hand. Watch out for a raise on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, she is a quality girl and I like that - I could dump her and get a girl who would be easier, but she wouldn't be of the same pedigree.

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a good read on you and tell your hand is weak.

12-05-2005 08:09 PM

have sex with one of her friends

sciencebeagle 12-05-2005 08:18 PM

If you want some good advice on Japanese dating cutomes go rent "La Blue Girl". It s a classic Japanse story of Miko Mido, a school girl sex ninja who travels into other dimensions to fight giant tentacle monsters that rape her vollyball team. I mean come on, if thats what dating is like in Japan than your getting the short end of the stick my friend.

That or date a chick from Laos like me, and get loved long time.

lehighguy 12-05-2005 08:56 PM

She don't like you that way bud.

Conspir8or 12-05-2005 09:39 PM

I would love to see the result of posting this question on OOT.

MyTurn2Raise 12-05-2005 09:42 PM

ONE-ITIS

4thstreetpete 12-05-2005 09:49 PM

I don't know bud, I have some friends with japanese gfs and they're horny as hell.

Are you sure she really likes you that way or is it more platonic. Find out why she's so cautious about relationships. Talk to her about it and find out.

soko 12-05-2005 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ONE-ITIS

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't wanna say it.

Aceshigh7 12-06-2005 12:30 AM

She's not really your girlfriend if you ain't having sex with her.

SNOWBALL138 12-06-2005 12:40 AM

Tell us more about her.

Is she religious?

Has she ever had a boyfriend before?

What does she like about you?

Is she a virgin?

Does she like to party?

What are her friends like?

BluffTHIS! 12-06-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there's no way it also has to do with the fact that she fears you might only want sex and would think nothing about sending her back home alone with a big fat tummy to face her traditional parents.

You've found a marrying girl not a party girl. You aren't ready for that responsibility and you probably don't deserve her.

12-06-2005 07:11 AM

bukkake

octop 12-06-2005 07:52 AM

Tell her you wanna [censored] her in the pooper

She will freak out then tell her you just wanna [censored] her in the pussy (slide it in the pooper later.)

KaneKungFu123 12-06-2005 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You've found a marrying girl not a party girl. You aren't ready for that responsibility and you probably don't deserve her.

[/ QUOTE ]

jskills 12-06-2005 10:49 AM

Photos please? It will help to render a more effective response to your question ...

12-06-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, good old Christian judgement. Very nice.

12-06-2005 11:14 AM

Japanese girls are just as horny as girls of any other race, you will never know how freaky she could be until you make some moves man.

12-06-2005 03:32 PM

Throw it is her ass while she is sleeping. She will love you for taking the initiative.

bmxreed36 12-06-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Any general advice or information on Japanese customs would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe that Japanese chick you're goin out with could help you a little here? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

NDHand 12-06-2005 06:55 PM

Sounds like you need some tough love : stop being a WUSS and make a move!

12-06-2005 11:48 PM

A lot of the replys to this thread made me laugh.

Does she even speak english? It sounds like you have a communication problem with her.

You "made" her your girlfriend? What does that mean? And "I'm pretty sure she likes me"? You should find this out for sure since you already made her your girlfriend.

Finally, I'm not completely sure about this but, I think it's also customary in for the male in those relationships to get some on the side. I know someone living in Thailand who's in a similar relationship. But he said it would be acceptable for him to get some from another girl. If it's true there, it could be true for Japanese girls. I don't think there are many old traditions that involve guys not getting any. Usually it's just the girls. Look into that.

12-06-2005 11:53 PM

Re: Dating a Japanese Girl (Update)

Okay, no offense but you guys misjudged this one pretty badly. So did I; apparently us westerners don't understand how different easterners can be. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is Indian (from India). It's not exactly Japan but he thought there could be many similarities.

Anyway, it took him 6 months before he could even kiss his girlfriend. Yes, he says there are many slutty girls, as several of you pointed out. But, a lot of the "good" girls still hold on tight to their feminine virtue. He has met my girlfriend and he thinks this is the case with her. He said unless I convince her that I will marry her, I don't have a chance, because she is probably waiting for marriage.

So it seems I have three options: give up and look for an easier American chick; be like every other guy and lie to her to get her in the sack; let the relationship pan out without sex for a looooooooong time.

I haven't decided what to do yet, and when I do I'm not going to post it here anyway [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] , but just for sh*ts, what would YOU (not Jesus) do? Keep in mind that she's a great girl with a dancer's body (she's a ballerina) and a beautiful face. Your answer probably won't affect me, so feel free to say what you want.

12-07-2005 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does she even speak english? It sounds like you have a communication problem with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her English is good but could be better. She especially has trouble talking about this sort of thing, which leaves me doing much guesswork. The cultural differences also make it tough.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I'm not completely sure about this but, I think it's also customary in for the male in those relationships to get some on the side. I know someone living in Thailand who's in a similar relationship. But he said it would be acceptable for him to get some from another girl. If it's true there, it could be true for Japanese girls. I don't think there are many old traditions that involve guys not getting any. Usually it's just the girls. Look into that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. This would probably explain why she acted as if she was going to let me keep dating other girls. But when I asked her if she wanted me to, she said no. Of course she wouldn't want me to, but I guess she was hinting at that cultural difference. If that is the case then it would be a relief.

chesspain 12-07-2005 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, no offense but you guys misjudged this one pretty badly. So did I; apparently us westerners don't understand how different easterners can be. I spoke to a friend of a friend who is Indian (from India). It's not exactly Japan but he thought there could be many similarities.

Anyway, it took him 6 months before he could even kiss his girlfriend. Yes, he says there are many slutty girls, as several of you pointed out. But, a lot of the "good" girls still hold on tight to their feminine virtue. He has met my girlfriend and he thinks this is the case with her. He said unless I convince her that I will marry her, I don't have a chance, because she is probably waiting for marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

The wussiest nerds in a typical high school would make you and your friend their bitches.

12-07-2005 12:56 AM

Hahahaha

12-07-2005 01:30 AM

Dude, if you haven't "put it in her pooper" by date number 3, it's over. Time to move on.

edit: what does this have to do poker psychology?

craig r 12-07-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would love to see the result of posting this question on OOT.

[/ QUOTE ] Here It is In OOT for you!