Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tom Brady wins SI Sportsman of the Year (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391781)

kenberman 12-05-2005 12:11 PM

Tom Brady wins SI Sportsman of the Year

Very deserving. Last years Super Bowl win ended a 4 year stretch that might have been the most impressive in modern NFL history. He plays better than everyone else in the biggest games, and at the end of games. His teamates have absolute trust in him to win the close ones, and even more importantly, so do his opponents.

This year he leads the league in passing yards, and has been forecd to carry a battered team. As Peter King says, this really ends the talks about him just being a "game manager".

speaking about his contract, renegotiated in the offseason:

"Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which after taxes is about $500,000?" he said. "That million might be more important to the team.''

holla!

pokerdirty 12-05-2005 12:50 PM

Re: Tom Brady wins SI Sportsman of the Year

*yawn*

Jack of Arcades 12-05-2005 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This was done because it was the most marketable face. Nothing else.

kyro 12-05-2005 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, *yawn* is right, but that doesn't change the fact that Tom Brady is my hero and I can only hope someday to father his children.

utmt40 12-05-2005 05:13 PM

Who cares. I am tired of every sports person on ESPN and anywhere else blowing Tom Brady. Talk about something else.

kenberman 12-05-2005 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares. I am tired of every sports person on ESPN and anywhere else blowing Tom Brady. Talk about something else.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true. I would much rather listen to ESPN talk incessently about a scumbag like TO, instead of a genuine good person like Brady.

12-05-2005 09:42 PM

Awful choice. If you want to choose a football player Peyton is a much better choice his team is having the best year in recent memory and last year he had one of the best passing seasons of all time. I hate the colts but Peyton is definetly the SI Sportsman of the year.

Jack of Arcades 12-05-2005 09:44 PM

eagles,

brady sells more magazines

-jack

12-06-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
eagles,

brady sells more magazines

-jack

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed but I think a large chunk of SI's sales come from suscribers.

Pudge714 12-06-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
*yawn*

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. This was done because it was the most marketable face. Nothing else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most marketable face coupled with no one from MLB, NCAA B-Ball, NCAA Football, or NBA really staning out. I thinks it's a bad choice, but don't really care.