Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   TP/TK facing all-in, pay off the small stack? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368863)

aces_full 10-31-2005 11:44 AM

TP/TK facing all-in, pay off the small stack?

Party $25NL 6-max. Hero is UTG with AcKc. Villain is UTG+1 with $14.50 He's 33/0/1.2 after about two orbits, no real read though.

pre flop: hero raises to $1.25,villain calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25,SB folds,BB folds

flop KdTd6c hero bets $4, villain immediately goes all-in,CO folds, hero call

results:

villain shows KTo and MHING

Normally without a read I will nearly always fold TP/TK against aggression from a big stack, but my experience is that while big stacks usually only raise a PF raiser with two pair or better (unless he's LAG or an idiot), short stacks will often push with less. My logic is that there's already ~$8 in the pot, and it's $4 to call, leaving him ~$10 behind, so if he's got something like KQ,KJ or AX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he's going to be all-in on the turn anyway if he calls, so he's probably better off just pushing anyway.

In situations like this do I just have to pay off the short stack with my TP/TK or overpair if I am behind?

djoyce003 10-31-2005 11:54 AM

Re: TP/TK facing all-in, pay off the small stack?

i probably pay this off as well...you aren't likely to be behind that often, and the times you are behind you have outs.....short stacks will go all in on draws and with tp bad kicker a lot more often than big stacks.

Godfather80 10-31-2005 12:18 PM

Re: TP/TK facing all-in, pay off the small stack?

[ QUOTE ]
Party $25NL 6-max. Hero is UTG with AcKc. Villain is UTG+1 with $14.50 He's 33/0/1.2 after about two orbits, no real read though.

pre flop: hero raises to $1.25,villain calls $1.25, CO calls $1.25,SB folds,BB folds

flop KdTd6c hero bets $4, villain immediately goes all-in,CO folds, hero call

results:

villain shows KTo and MHING

Normally without a read I will nearly always fold TP/TK against aggression from a big stack, but my experience is that while big stacks usually only raise a PF raiser with two pair or better (unless he's LAG or an idiot), short stacks will often push with less. My logic is that there's already ~$8 in the pot, and it's $4 to call, leaving him ~$10 behind, so if he's got something like KQ,KJ or AX [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] he's going to be all-in on the turn anyway if he calls, so he's probably better off just pushing anyway.

In situations like this do I just have to pay off the short stack with my TP/TK or overpair if I am behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a crying call because you are getting better than 2:1. If you had more hands (75+) with Villain displaying the same postflop aggression factor, then I think you might find a fold here.