Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Blind steal gone wrong? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307041)

Slappz 08-03-2005 05:32 PM

Blind steal gone wrong?

Been at the table for one orbit, but I've played with the villian before and he's definitly capable of bluffing a bad board.

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 8 handed) converter

Hero ($576)
CO ($591)
Button ($588)
SB ($294)
BB ($450.80)
UTG ($187)
UTG+1 ($428.14)
MP1 ($782.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $14.

Flop: ($43) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($43) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB calls $30.

River: ($103) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]<font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $200</font>

And once again they put me to the test.... Can anyone put the villian on a hand here?

kongo_totte 08-03-2005 06:20 PM

Re: Blind steal gone wrong?

[ QUOTE ]
(6 max, 8 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting

For the hand, this is higher than I play, but since you raised pre-flop I'm probably betting this flop. Since you checked, I'm checking behind on the turn.

Fold the river.

swolfe 08-03-2005 06:33 PM

i don't see anyone checking the flush three times. unless you think he'd call a raise from you preflop with KJ or J8, i'm pushing. i think that he thinks you're stealing and was trying the resteal river check-raise.

i'd follow up with a flop bet and check behind on the turn. shrug, your way works too.

kongo_totte 08-03-2005 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but I've played with the villian before and he's definitly capable of bluffing a bad board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, did not see this. Call the river.

varmas11 08-03-2005 06:46 PM

he's either bluffing on the river with a diamond or he actually caught a straight with KJ, maybe a king of diamonds. i feel like he has the kj, but i'm not sure. it's a mighty huge raise for a good hand wanting a call. this would incline me to call the huge raise because i think it's a bluff. the tough thing here is that a pair doesn't make sense because with KQ or AQ you lead the flop to protect. if he's getting emotional with like AT or something, that would be whack. i dunno man, i feel he has the straight with KJ, but he could be just bluffing with nothing or a midpair (with a broken diamond draw). please tell us what he had

DWarrior 08-03-2005 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's a mighty huge raise for a good hand wanting a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played .5/1 for two weeks, and I've had people raise an obscene amount with the nuts on the river. this is 1.5/3 though, so it might be different.

FourNickel 08-03-2005 07:07 PM

I wouldnt go for the steal with four people to act with 2 low suited cards, but thats just me.

MINETZ 08-03-2005 07:13 PM

In higher limits you need to mix up your play, raising here seems fine, but i dont understand why you dont autobet the flop.
Noah

DyessMan89 08-03-2005 07:24 PM

This looks like a slowplay to me. The check on the flop, check/call on the turn, and check-raise a huge amount on the river hardly looks like a bluff. I put him on a flush, bigger straight, or a set. If I were to put him on one hand, it would be A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I just dont see someone check-raising the river with something that cant be what you have.

Slappz 08-04-2005 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In higher limits you need to mix up your play, raising here seems fine, but i dont understand why you dont autobet the flop.
Noah

[/ QUOTE ]

I normally would, but I dont like to bet flops that I have 0% chance of improving from if i get called. If I bet everytime i raise preflop people start to play back at me a lot more as well, mixing things up seems to work nicely.

With 3 diamonds out there if i get called on this flop im prolly something like 5% to win the hand at best, so im pulling a complete bluff which i dont like to do. Since he checked it twice, he obviously doesnt like the board either so i took a stab.