Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   fishy flop check (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388894)

hobbsmann 12-01-2005 01:52 AM

fishy flop check

Villain is unknown and I just sat down at the table recently. These flop checks after steal raises are always so suspicious and as a result I'm lost on the best turn line. bet/fold? check/folding seems too weak along with check/calling.

Party Poker 10.00/20.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero.

Entity 12-01-2005 02:27 AM

Re: fishy flop check

I'd consider check-calling the turn and checking the river as well. I'm prone to looking him up here but usually when he bets the river he's got TT or something huge.

Rob

hobbsmann 12-01-2005 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd consider check-calling the turn and checking the river as well. I'm prone to looking him up here but usually when he bets the river he's got TT or something huge.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]
thats what I ended up doing, check/called the turn and check/called the river, but felt dirty about it. Button fliped over AT and MHING.

aba20 12-01-2005 04:16 AM

I usually just do this once, make a note of it and never pay this stuff off again.

Rubeskies 12-01-2005 02:19 PM

Yeah, I've been seeing this play more and more. It usually is a big hand or nothing at all. And the times they check behind with nothing the player is usually passive or multitabling misclick.

So if the guy isn't passive then the pot is usually small enough for me to let it go.

P.S. Your avatar is awesome.

wdcbooks 12-01-2005 02:37 PM

I am the one doing this to you. Sometimes I want you to pay me off, sometimes I have air. I would always raise your turn bet though, unless you were ultra passive. Seems to work well, I find that with a small pot players are apt to let me have it when I bet the turn.

Lost Wages 12-01-2005 06:45 PM

Check-calling is fine. The pot is teensy, it's very unlikely that a free card can beat you and there is some chance that you are behind anyway so giving a free card is not dangerous.

If you knew that your opponent was loose/passive then you could bet fold as he'll often have something like 55.

Lost Wages

Lmn55d 12-01-2005 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Your avatar is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

sick album