Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   $11 AK... L3 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=408008)

Dr_Jeckyl_00 12-30-2005 10:30 PM

$11 AK... L3

How do you proceed here... villain seems average, not too fishy, not too strong

Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 3: Dr_Jeckyl_00 ( $1060 )
Seat 8: dart0322 ( $503 )
Seat 9: jjp2978 ( $730 )
Seat 7: BIGPIMPINCA ( $1185 )
Seat 4: bjTSR ( $1289 )
Seat 1: redwingwin ( $700 )
Seat 6: JoseyTails ( $1868 )
Seat 10: x_RedBean_x ( $665 )
Trny:18749138 Level:3
Blinds(25/50)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dr_Jeckyl_00 [ Ah Kc ]
dart0322 folds.
jjp2978 folds.
x_RedBean_x folds.
redwingwin raises [200].
HERO?

12-30-2005 10:34 PM

Re: $11 AK... L3

I push but overplaying AK is my biggest leak. So get advice off of someone who can play instead of me.

12-30-2005 11:17 PM

This may be way wrong, but I think I call. He's not totally pot committed, so if he misses the flop he's probably not pushing so....

He bets/pushes and I've missed the flop = I fold

He checks and I've missed the flop = I bet 250 into the pot. If he calls, he's pot committed, so he'll likely need something to call or reraise. If he plays back at me, I fold. If he calls I check/fold and I escape w/about 600 in chips. Not great, but enough to steal from other shorties.

He checks and I've hit the flop = bet 125. I'm hoping this will confuse and frustrate him. Calling would suck for him given his chip stack; folding would seem weak so maybe it will induce an all-in bluff.

He bets/pushes and I've hit the flop = Probably all-in.

jmillerdls 12-31-2005 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This may be way wrong, but I think I call. He's not totally pot committed, so if he misses the flop he's probably not pushing so....

He bets/pushes and I've missed the flop = I fold

He checks and I've missed the flop = I bet 250 into the pot. If he calls, he's pot committed, so he'll likely need something to call or reraise. If he plays back at me, I fold. If he calls I check/fold and I escape w/about 600 in chips. Not great, but enough to steal from other shorties.

He checks and I've hit the flop = bet 125. I'm hoping this will confuse and frustrate him. Calling would suck for him given his chip stack; folding would seem weak so maybe it will induce an all-in bluff.

He bets/pushes and I've hit the flop = Probably all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't ever see myself doing this. Maybe its a leak of mine...but I will either push or fold this depending on any reads. No reads, I push.

I've just seen AJ do this same thing too many times at $11's to not try and take those chips.

Messing around with a call just leaves too many situations to where I am folding the best hand. I just think that this hand gets more difficult after a flop once you both have 200 invested into a pot with these stack sizes. But, I am a pushbot, so I'm definately biased.

12-31-2005 12:35 AM

I just realized how utterly incomprehensible my post was. For some reason it won't let me edit so I'll just fix it here.

I call thinking that, because the Villain's not totally pot committed, if he misses the flop he's probably not going to push into me. Postflop I play it this way...

I've missed the flop and Villain bets/pushes = I fold

I've missed the flop and Villain checks = I bet 250 into this $475 pot. If Villain calls, he's pot committed, so I can assume he probably has a hand. If he plays back at me, I fold. If he calls I check/fold the river and escape w/about 600 in chips. Not great, but enough to steal from other shorties.

I've hit the flop and Villain checks = bet 125. I'm hoping this will confuse and frustrate Villain. Calling would suck for him given his chip stack; folding would seem weak so maybe it will induce an all-in bluff.

I've hit the flop and Villain bets/pushes = I'm probably all-in.