Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Poker Personality Test (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377126)

11-12-2005 05:36 PM

Poker Personality Test

Pretty cool application to test your playing style.

I came out bossy with more skilled than donkey tendencies.
Poker Personality Test

A_Junglen 11-12-2005 05:50 PM

Re: Poker Personality Test

Wow I was gettin really frusterated, and lost $32.50, but least I'm SKILLED!!!!

OrcaDK 11-12-2005 05:54 PM

Damn there were a lot of bugs. Twice i couldn't even see my hole cards, and once i only saw the first two cards of the board.

Even so, i was Skilled. I lost $1, furthermore i'm bossy, not timid. I'm a reliable player, not a fancy one. And finally i make more skilled plays than donkey plays, thank god.

So... Why am i loosing in reality? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

scrapperdog 11-12-2005 06:09 PM

I got "reliable" as a personality type and won 40. Lower rating, good results but still not getting "skilled" sucked.

11-12-2005 06:46 PM

apparently im bossy, a fancy player and make too many donkey plays......guess thats what happens when you only ever use the raise button...

and that site is rigged....the bad beats are unbelievable [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Schwartzy61 11-12-2005 07:14 PM

Try running it a second time, I swear I could see the bad beats coming before they happened...

scrapperdog 11-12-2005 07:31 PM

Re: Poker Personality Test *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven

kapw7 11-12-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Twice i couldn't even see my hole cards, and once i only saw the first two cards of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Even so, i was Skilled.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
So... Why am i loosing in reality? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IggyWH 11-12-2005 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else fold the xx or whatever it was pre flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it was an easy fold.

IggyWH 11-12-2005 07:58 PM

I'm skilled so I get to take an advanced test :

http://www.tilteddonkey.com/LimitHoldem/advanced.htm

SackUp 11-12-2005 08:03 PM

The creator of this program is NOT a skilled poker player.

IggyWH 11-12-2005 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played like 8 hands of this and said screw them. They tell you what the "correct" play is and won't let you make any other plays.

According to them on the one hand, I was playing xx and they wouldn't let me check to the raiser to try and check-raise. Eff them!

11-12-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played like 8 hands of this and said screw them. They tell you what the "correct" play is and won't let you make any other plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

why exactly am i a donkey for wanting to raise xx when im bored and im playin with their money?

to hell with them.....im still skilled though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Photoc 11-13-2005 12:45 AM

I've never seen a crappier program than this POS! Every single had the game has glitches. The cards dissapear, no downcards, no buttons, screen goes white, ect..

It's not worth the frustration.

11-13-2005 02:11 AM

I think the programmer cut and pasted my hand histories from last night for this applet. F'ing internet poker obviously isn't secure.

FlyWf 11-13-2005 02:34 AM

Well, I had one hand where I couldn't see my hands preflop and 2 hands where it didn't display the turn or river, and the entire time it was very difficult to determine the action in front.
But I'm Bossy instead of Timid, Reliable instead of Fancy(I thought my checkraise with xx on the turn was pretty darn fancy), and Skilled instead of Donkey. Won $26. The popup warned me about being loose and advised that I consult a hand chart, which was interesting, because the darn thing deals you like 12 playable hands in 14 games. It also told me I love to bluff and I'm reasonably sure I never bluffed, so it may be reading my mind.

Skipbidder 11-13-2005 04:28 AM

I'm also Bossy.

Bossy, not timid.
Reliable, not fancy.
Skilled, not donkey.

What a load of crap.
I also check-raised with the xx.

How exactly were we supposed to bluff?

Skipbidder 11-13-2005 05:13 AM

{spoiler deleted/MH}

{remainder of post deleted at author's request/MH}

Mike Haven 11-13-2005 09:13 AM

My timid style won $48.50. I folded hand 13 as my cards didn't show.

William 11-13-2005 10:48 AM

Thank you for reviewing all hands and making the test/game worhtless for everybody else!

Very nice of you...

{Edit/MH: Good point, William. I've deleted his spoiler.}

prayformojo 11-13-2005 12:04 PM

I am skilled. Huzzah. So I started the advanced tutorial. Given the quality of advice there, it scares the hell out of me that these people think I'm skilled.

On the plus side, I enjoyed playing the hand in which I flopped trips. The rest of the board was invisible throughout the hand but I kept firing away. Once I saw three of a kind, the rest of the cards were meaningless.

zaphod 11-13-2005 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My timid style won $48.50. I folded hand 13 as my cards didn't show.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this was were i made a mistake. I raised twice preflop, and then folded when i figured it might be an disadvantage not to know my hand.

prayformojo 11-13-2005 01:11 PM

I guess my post got edited because I gave away info about the content of the advanced tutorial. For the record, as other posters have pointed out, the advanced tutorial doesn't give you a choice. It tells you what to do and forces you to do it. I didn't think I was giving away secrets by revealing how it turned me into a weak tighty.

Oh well. Try it for yourself. Enjoy!

11-13-2005 01:24 PM

+47.50 Shilled, reliable, i forgot the third one. Could not see half of the hands....what a joke

Mike Haven 11-13-2005 01:31 PM

Blame William.

He's used to it.

http://www.glittermaker.com/created/1580905.gif

tigerite 11-13-2005 01:58 PM

It's also a joke how the 'skilled' player cold-calls preflop with xx.

SackUp 11-13-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why I said the programmer was not skilled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

he then proceeds to raise his gutshot.

Greg J 11-13-2005 02:05 PM

RIGGED!

Wyers 11-13-2005 02:12 PM

Congratulations!

You are a Skilled Poker Player

Playing Characteristics

· Tight
· Aggressive
· Responsive
· Winning poker player

Dangers

· Can become jealous and resentful
· Risk of being compulsive and obsessive
· Sometimes overcritical and harsh
· Can be too cunning and too inquisitive
· Can be pompous and patronizing

Not bad considering there were 2 hands where I could not see my hole cards. There were also a few flops where the 3rd flop card was invisible.

Considering all of the impediments and the fact I still received a rating of "Skilled" I must really be quite brilliant. (see "can be pompous and patronizing")

I'm not pompous, I'm just rated that way.

Skipbidder 11-13-2005 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for reviewing all hands and making the test/game worhtless for everybody else!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think that by the time that anyone got as far as the first or second hand (neither of which contains any spoiler whatsoever), they would realize what was happening? Anyone who actually had the test spoiled by my post should not be allowed to use the internet by themself lest they get hurt. They should also have corks placed on their forks.

tigerite 11-13-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why I said the programmer was not skilled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

he then proceeds to raise his gutshot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you seen the 'Call or Raise' rubbish? You have QQ and the board on the river is KQQJT, with four clubs. It says raising is wrong. Yeah, I'm scared of the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].. wtf?

And in one of the others it has you with K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the board being KQTJJ, with the J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I'd neither call or raise, I'd want to know why the dealer is using two decks.

krimson 11-13-2005 02:48 PM

I'm bossy.

I was value betting and raising my draws since there are like 5-6 people in every pot. I'm assuming the program is perceiving my play as "laggy", because it said I was bluffing, but I never bluffed once.

tigerite 11-13-2005 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm bossy.

I was value betting and raising my draws since there are like 5-6 people in every pot. I'm assuming the program is perceiving my play as "laggy", because it said I was bluffing, but I never bluffed once.

[/ QUOTE ]

So was I. I got the same and yet ended up about $82 up. Stupid program anyway.

William 11-13-2005 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blame William.

He's used to it.

http://www.glittermaker.com/created/1580905.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please get me started, I haven't been naughty all week... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RiverTheNuts 11-13-2005 04:51 PM

I won an even 60, and got called bossy, reliable, and skilled... the hand with the 68s was an easy c/r ... the rest was pretty straight forward.

Then again, after about hand 3 I perceived the resonance, and folded crap I knew was about to get sucked out on; it was pretty retarded.