Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 QJs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306652)

Poldi 08-03-2005 07:26 AM

3/6 QJs

MP is 28/20/2.76
Button is a major loose-passive. Most of the time he waits until the river to bet his flopped TPTK. I never saw him bluffing but then again, I didnt see him for 1,5 weeks.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.33 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, MP calls.

Turn: (6.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero..

Blinds also were loose, I wanted a big multiway pot. Coldcalling ok?
I think the turn sucks.

spydog 08-03-2005 07:33 AM

Re: 3/6 QJs

Dump preflop.

You must bet this turn. As you played it, it's an easy fold.

JKDStudent 08-03-2005 07:36 AM

I don't like the coldcall pf. As first to act after the raiser, you have no idea what's coming behind you. Best-case scenario, the button and the BB come along. And if the button comes, you're out of position. Worst-case, you end up heads up. I think this is a fold.

Flop is fine.

Turn, you're behind. You don't really want to see a red Jack or Queen, and even the J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] could be problematic. Oh, and you'd have to call 2 cold after MP's checkraise. No reason to continue.

For what it's worth, I'm thinking Button has AK or AQ and nearly crapped himself when you checked the turn, but breathed a heavy sigh of relief when Button bet.

kapw7 08-03-2005 07:36 AM

You showed strength on the flop and when an ace falls you have the likely "I play all Ax hands PF" guy betting first and the PF raiser raising. I think you are beat here most of the times. You can also get sandwiched in a raise war.

Matty 08-03-2005 07:37 AM

3 thoughts

1) MP knows exactly what you have
2) Easy fold on the turn
3) I don't know about the check on the turn. I'm inclined to bet and call one bet if need be, then fold the river unimproved.

Poldi 08-03-2005 08:02 AM

I like your reasoning concerning the preflopcall. However I still have a hard time dumping this hand against a 20%-raiser. I expected at least 2 more callers, the table was really very loose. Button played 70% of his hands, one or two pretty much was the same for him. He very rarely bet when checked to so I almost have the button [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think failing to bet the turn was my biggest mistake here.

RunDownHouse 08-03-2005 08:45 AM

Your biggest mistake was easily pf. I like your turn play.

Poldi 08-03-2005 08:49 AM

Okay, as everyone says preflop is a mistake, I know I am wrong. Thank you guys.

Poldi 08-03-2005 09:01 AM

Results

I fold, button calls.
Another Q hits, both check the river. The loose-passive had some random crap, I have never seen him bluffbet before over several hundred hands.
MP shows 99 and wins the pot.

JKDStudent 08-03-2005 02:46 PM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I fold, button calls.
Another Q hits, both check the river. The loose-passive had some random crap, I have never seen him bluffbet before over several hundred hands.
MP shows 99 and wins the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, this doesn't make you think you were wrong to fold.