Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Johnny Damon signs with Yankees (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402449)

kenberman 12-20-2005 11:49 PM

Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

According to CBS in Boston. 4 yr deal, $52m.

hurumph

Joe Tall 12-20-2005 11:55 PM

Re: Johnny Damon signs with Yankees

Why do the Yanks continue to get older? I think they just hurt themselves as Damon showed some signs of age last year and he isn't all that young anyway. He never had an arm so if he legs break down, the Yanks just got themselves Bernie Williams part II.

12-20-2005 11:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hurumph

[/ QUOTE ]

This move will get criticized by a lot of Yankee fans early on. I have a feeling they'll change their tune quickly, though.

kenberman 12-20-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do the Yanks continue to get older? I think they just hurt themselves as Damon showed some signs of age last year and he isn't all that young anyway. He never had an arm so if he legs break down, the Yanks just got themselves Bernie Williams part II.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, but I'll miss him.

sublime 12-20-2005 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

hurumph

[/ QUOTE ]

bye!

now the red sox can trade for jeremy reed!

i was going to make a post about the NYY signing dotel to a good deal, then they go and do this??????

CASHMAN, YOU JUST HAD BERNIE WILLIAMS WEIGH DOWN YOUR TEAM FOR 2 SEASONS NOW YOU SIGN A GUY WHO WAS NEVER AS GOOD AS HIM ON THE SAME DECLINE??????????????????

UCF THAYER 12-21-2005 12:00 AM

God this is horrible, i would have much rather just waited 6 months for Mike Cameron.

sublime 12-21-2005 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, but I'll miss him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, i will also. However, the RS cant make mistakes like the yankees can. this signing is a mistake.

Dynasty 12-21-2005 12:04 AM

Damon gets on my scumbag list along with Boggs and Clemens. It seems even worse with Damon since he won a World Series with the Sox and the rivalry peaked while he was on the team.

Damon will be 32 (and a half) at the beginning of the 2006 season. He'll be 36 at the end of the contract. By comparison, Bernie Williams was 37 at the end of last season.

sublime 12-21-2005 12:05 AM

i am perplexed by the NYY. the last few weeks i was CONVINCED that the NYY were going to do a slight rebuild on the fly and deal with being a 85-90 win team the next couple of seasons, then they go out and make one of the worst signings this offseason. i mean really, WTF goes on over there?

pokerdirty 12-21-2005 12:07 AM

*cries inside*