Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KK OOP in a bloated pot. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365260)

zephed 10-25-2005 04:13 PM

KK OOP in a bloated pot.

UTG is loose aggressive. He probably raises pf about 14%. What I mean is he doesn't raises a reasonable range and I haven't seen any junk or mediocre hands raised.

CO is loose aggressive.

Button is probably a donkey.

Pokerroom 3/6 (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (11 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 handed)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: (6.5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 handed)</font>
Hero ?

spydog 10-25-2005 04:17 PM

Re: KK OOP in a bloated pot.

I check-call the turn/river. If he checks the turn then I bet-call the river.

zephed 10-25-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think betting is better? Can we fold to a turn raise?

brazilio 10-25-2005 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't think betting is better? Can we fold to a turn raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to fold to a turn raise against an idiot.

Chobohoya 10-25-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is loose aggressive. He probably raises pf about 14 %. What I mean is he doesn't raises a reasonable range and I haven't seen any junk or mediocre hands raised.

Pokerroom 3/6 ( 5 handed )

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. Is he laggy postflop? If so, I would bet-call turn, and check call river no matter the turn action (unless you spike a K, then just try and mindtrick him into raising you somehow).

zephed 10-25-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG is loose aggressive. He probably raises pf about 14 %. What I mean is he doesn't raises a reasonable range and I haven't seen any junk or mediocre hands raised.

Pokerroom 3/6 ( 5 handed )

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it. Is he laggy postflop? If so, I would bet-call turn, and check call river no matter the turn action (unless you spike a K, then just try and mindtrick him into raising you somehow).

[/ QUOTE ]
Vague read because I have no pokertracker stats and I haven't been there long. I've seen him betting and raising frequently (with the goods, maybe some bluffs), and he plays too many hands.

I question checking the turn because we don't collect bets out of hands like QQ. TT-99 and gutshots and perhaps some paint cards that didn't connect.

But does that outweigh the possibility of getting raised by an ace or jack on the turn? That's really what my question is. I think we can afford to play this turn passively because there aren't many cards to fear.

We are seeing the river in this hand, either way.