Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   $30 NL stars blind battle. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406857)

gobboboy 12-29-2005 12:30 AM

$30 NL stars blind battle.

I am chipleader by a good 5k and villain is in the top 10 in chips. We just made the money and 1 before the money I was involved in a blind battle against villain where I called preflop with suited cards and pushed in to get villain out when I had a flush draw, so I'm guessing he doesn't like me very much. 50 or so players left when 600 or so started, what are my options and what is the correct plan?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t1200 (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SB (t30542)</font>
<font color="#C00000">gobbo (t43856)</font>
UTG (t19679)
UTG+1 (t9300)
MP1 (t8570)
MP2 (t10710)
CO (t12177)
Button (t4740)

Preflop: gobbo is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t7200</font>, gobbo...?

adanthar 12-29-2005 12:32 AM

Re: $30 NL stars blind battle.

...well you're not calling or folding...

CardSharpCook 12-29-2005 12:36 AM

Shoot. To. Thrill.

The only way I could allow you to just call is if you swore to me you would not fold this hand no matter what flop comes.

11t 12-29-2005 12:37 AM

I push and see what happens

12-29-2005 12:37 AM

I think if you push he can put you on lesser hands and his calling range will be expanded. If you call that would around suspicion plus you might miss.

ZBTHorton 12-29-2005 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if you push he can put you on lesser hands and his calling range will be expanded. If you call that would around suspicion plus you might miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh...what?

gobboboy 12-29-2005 12:44 AM

I was pretty sure the answer was to push, but someone told me that line was bad and I wanted to make sure. I can never see folding AK here, but some people don't like to race for this many chips so I wasn't sure.

12-29-2005 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was pretty sure the answer was to push, but someone told me that line was bad and I wanted to make sure. I can never see folding AK here, but some people don't like to race for this many chips so I wasn't sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

And here was me thinking that the idea was to get lots of chips with my premium hands

gobboboy 12-29-2005 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And here was me thinking that the idea was to get lots of chips with my premium hands

[/ QUOTE ]

What a spectacular addition to this conversation.

bobbycharles 12-29-2005 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are my options

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold - I can't see that as an option at all

Cold Call - Viewed as weak tight move by a weak tight player. But, your image is aggressive, it may send some suspicious signals to a thinking player.

Reraise - probably the play the villain expects to see from you the aggro. What will his move be - define his big pair and reraise/push? Or will he call and pull a stop n go?

Push - Puts him on the defensive. He has a big pair it spells trouble. He has a smaller pair, still could be trouble. He's tilting, he may call with his KQs.

[ QUOTE ]
and what is the correct plan

[/ QUOTE ]

Man I don't know.....
I guess if I'm only after the win, a push it is.

If I'm wanting to slide up the pay scale and wait for a more opportune time to mix it up, or if I think I can outplay him, I may just call and see if he sweats a little.

Very thought provoking question gobbo.