Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Give me wisdom oh wise ones... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405890)

Pocket77s 12-27-2005 01:42 PM

Give me wisdom oh wise ones...

Bodog.com .50/1 NL Hold'em

Hero $50
Villian $45
Button $25

Hero dealt K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Hero raises $3 from MP1, 1 fold, Button calls, Villan calls from BB. UTG+1 folds. Pot size $10

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Villian checks, Hero bets $10, Button folds, Villian calls: Pot size $30

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villian checks, Hero bets $15, Villian calls.

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villian bets $15, Hero calls,

Bodog.com NL Hold'em .50/1

Hero $20
Villian $34
MP3 $80
SB $130
BB $$60

Hero dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 folds, UTG3 calls, Hero calls, 1 folds, MP3 calls, 1fold, SB completes, BB checks, Pot size: $5

Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB checks, BBchecks, Villian checks, Hero bets $5, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, Villian calls, Pot size: $15

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Villian checks, Hero pushes all in for $14, Villian calls,

If I miss-played any of these two hands at any point let me know.

12-27-2005 01:50 PM

Re: Give me wisdom oh wise ones...

Hand 1:

Preflop: Fine.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: I dont like the small bet. Bet near the pot or check it down playing it WA/WB. I would pot it because he could be on a draw as often as he has Jx or 9x. 78s, QT, KT, T8s, and a pair of clubs are all possiblities. If the board was monotone and more like J623, then Id probably check behind.
River: Tough one. You arent folding, its either whether to raise or call. His awakening when the flush card comes would probably freeze me, and Id flat call.

Hand 2:

Preflop: Raise it, but a call is fine.
Flop: Fine.
Turn: Fine.

beavens 12-27-2005 01:51 PM

first hand: pf you need to raise at least 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper.

second hand: raise pf and shove it in on the flop.

Pocket77s 12-27-2005 01:56 PM

Question for you, you are in a rather loose game, nine handed, you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB and 6 people limp with the SB completing. What do you do and why?
You have about $50 dollars in front of you in a NL game, blinds .50/1.

Pocket77s 12-27-2005 01:57 PM

Thanks... I wasn't sure if I should have raised with AQo in MP1.

beavens 12-27-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question for you, you are in a rather loose game, nine handed, you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB and 6 people limp with the SB completing. What do you do and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm raising - we've got a good hand and we need to isolate the field of play.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks... I wasn't sure if I should have raised with AQo in MP1.

[/ QUOTE ]

in your post you have it as AQs, but i'd raise with AQo too.

Maulik 12-27-2005 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first hand: pf you need to raise at least 4xBB + 1xBB for every limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket77s 12-27-2005 02:02 PM

oops sorry, yes it was AQs.

TheRegulat0r 12-27-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $8-$10, whichever you think will win the pot right there. If you get called, flop top pair, push, and stack a guy who limps with and can't fold TT or JJ. If you don't flop top pair... play poker.

Maulik 12-27-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

second hand: raise pf and shove it in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and look to get it in on the turn. we want a Jack to come along for the ride.