Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Entertaining trifectaish type hand 6/12 live (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310508)

spoohunter 08-08-2005 02:33 PM

Entertaining trifectaish type hand 6/12 live

Oddly enough, I didn't even realize that I check raised on each street until a minute after the hand. Silly I know.

Hero is in the SB with A2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Table is loose and passive and delightful. Not rare to see 8 players to a flop.

Someone raises in early position, and a whole bunch of players call. It's 6 to the flop, including me.

Flop (13sb) A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, EP raiser bets, two calls, fish calls, I raise, EP raiser three bets, callers fold (should they be called folders now?), fish calls. I put him on a flush draw, a pocket pair, 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], a seven, or air.

Turn (12BB) comes K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, EP bets, fish calls, I raise, EP three bets, fish calls, I call.

River, (21BB), A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I slap my hand angrily on the table and check, EP bets, fish thinks and calls, I raise, EP three bets, fish folds, I call.

SL__72 08-08-2005 02:41 PM

Re: Entertaining trifectaish type hand 6/12 live

If he had a better ace or A7 I don't think this counts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

/edit or 77

spoohunter 08-08-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had a better ace or A7 I don't think this counts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

/edit or 77

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want the trifecta award you dorks hand out I just want commentary on how I played it lol : )

callmedonnie 08-08-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I slap my hand angrily on the table and check, EP bets, fish thinks and calls, I raise, EP three bets, fish folds, I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always get angry when you hit a lucky river and get to split fishes money w/ raiser who had you outkicked?

sean c 08-08-2005 02:48 PM

Bet the flop

spoohunter 08-08-2005 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always get angry when you hit a lucky river and get to split fishes money w/ raiser who had you outkicked?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kicker? I don't need no stinking kicker. Review the turn.

chief444 08-08-2005 02:49 PM

Well, I think his point was your flop check/raise is pretty damn pointless since you hardly ever hold the best hand.

When people slap their hands angrily on the table it's pretty trasparent btw.

callmedonnie 08-08-2005 02:50 PM

forgive me. why the table slap? i would hope to get a lot of bets in from fish, because 50% of it should be yours.

Entity 08-08-2005 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
forgive me. why the table slap? i would hope to get a lot of bets in from fish, because 50% of it should be yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're up against AK or 77, which is very likely/plausible given preflop/flop/turn play.

The turn checkraise sucks. A check-call is probably better than a river checkraise.

Rob

chief444 08-08-2005 02:53 PM

Ummm...since you got 3-bet on the turn it's quite possible you're hand is still no good.