Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AQs flops the nut flush draw (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379489)

octop 11-16-2005 06:16 AM

AQs flops the nut flush draw

I just got back from a 2 week Vegas trip where I did pretty well overall but this hand bothers me
2/5 NL at the Wynn my first orbit at the table
I have 475 ` and my opponents have me covered
One limper, I raise on the cutoff to 25 with AQ hearts, the blinds call and the limper folds.
Flop 346 2 hearts.
SB bets 50 BB calls I should..

Jman28 11-16-2005 06:24 AM

Re: AQs flops the nut flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
I should..

[/ QUOTE ]
...tell us what you raised to preflop.

Assuming it was to 20-25, I call the flop. If you make any substantial raise, you're committed to putting all your chips in and you won't be a favorite.

The Truth 11-16-2005 06:28 AM

Yea, I like just calling.

Just get there and then get chips in the pot.

blake

durrrr 11-16-2005 06:55 AM

calling and shoving are both fine. Unless you know they are very passive a non/pushing raise isnt an option.

flawless_victory 11-16-2005 06:56 AM

i would go all in w/out a specific read that made calling superior.

BobboFitos 11-16-2005 12:33 PM

I would call

Mark1808 11-16-2005 12:50 PM

My old style would just call, but either I would not end up with the best hand or I would get no action if the flush comes. By raising occasionally on draws it makes your hands not as readable and may give you action later when you have a made hand. So, if you have been quiet at this table lately a raise of around $100 may take the pot right here, if not you have position and outs.

thabadguy 11-16-2005 12:59 PM

I think both calling and shoving are fine in such a situation.
Another consideration in such a case is, are you the kind of player who if doubles up in a capped buyin game, can just [censored] the table...like just rape it
I am willing to take gamble early on in my session in a capped buyin game, even if it was somewhat -ev.
If the game was a no cap buyin then i would be more apt to call, if the game is a capped buyin, then i would shove in hopes of doubling up, so i could cover table.

Mackerel 11-16-2005 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would go all in w/out a specific read that made calling superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

technologic 11-16-2005 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think both calling and shoving are fine in such a situation.
Another consideration in such a case is, are you the kind of player who if doubles up in a capped buyin game, can just [censored] the table...like just rape it
I am willing to take gamble early on in my session in a capped buyin game, even if it was somewhat -ev.
If the game was a no cap buyin then i would be more apt to call, if the game is a capped buyin, then i would shove in hopes of doubling up, so i could cover table.

[/ QUOTE ]

the wynn is no cap buy in