Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Burger King Menu Confusion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371634)

jakethebake 11-04-2005 05:27 AM

Burger King Menu Confusion

I was at the Burger King yesterday and heard someone behind me order something "extra hot". The cashier repeeated it, yelling it to the kitchen. What is on the BK menu that someone could order extra hot? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Also, as an aside, they have a new Asian guy working there that calls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]the customers "Boss" and actually repeats it over and over during your order. It's like being in some old movie that has a bunch of Asian collies in it. "Sure thing, Boss. No pickles, Boss. Right away, Boss." He actually talks like this, but he's young and has very little accent.. It's very weird.

11-04-2005 05:35 AM

Re: Burger King Menu Confusion

Could they have meant hot as in heat and not spicy? That is - bring it out right away - Don't let it sit. When my wife was pregnant and craving fries, she would make me order "Fresh, Hot, Fries" from the drive-thru.

p.s. Yes, I am a big puss - but I did eventually want to have sex again.

jakethebake 11-04-2005 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could they have meant hot as in heat and not spicy? That is - bring it out right away - Don't let it sit. When my wife was pregnant and craving fries, she would make me order "Fresh, Hot, Fries" from the drive-thru.

p.s. Yes, I am a big puss - but I did eventually want to have sex again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea. But wouldn't you just then ask for fresh fries? Not "extra hot"?

Larimani 11-04-2005 05:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, as an aside, they have a new Asian guy working there that calls [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]the customers "Boss" and actually repeats it over and over during your order. It's like being in some old movie that has a bunch of Asian collies in it. "Sure thing, Boss. No pickles, Boss. Right away, Boss." He actually talks like this, but he's young and has very little accent.. It's very weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a UK thing, Boss.

LockForward 11-04-2005 09:19 AM

Don't they have a spicy chicken sandwich? Or did they get rid of that?

MrTrik 11-04-2005 09:25 AM

BK is running commercials here for a hot burger. Includes jalapeno cheese and something else I can't quite remember. I think it was Tobasco related.

I only do BK for breakfast once in a while, so I have no clue.

Rooster71 11-04-2005 12:30 PM

It's hard to say.

Here's my BK rant: I know that of the several BK's in my area, most of them suck. BK advertises their burgers as "flame-broiled", yet many of the BK's I've visited put the patties on the grill just enough to get grill marks on the patty. They then finish cooking the patty in the microwave, which gives it that nuked crappy taste and a plain gray color. They keep doing it that way and people apparently keep buying them. Their burgers are great when cooked like they are supposed to be.

IndieMatty 11-04-2005 12:33 PM

I end up calling security guards and what not "boss" or "chief". They love it.

krimson 11-04-2005 01:01 PM

BK was my first job, so I can answer this one.

"Extra Hot" means they microwave it twice as long.
"Fresh off the Grill" is the magic word, takes a bit longer but they have to give you freshly cooked meat and a freshly toasted bun, this can be done for all items if you don't mind waiting 5 minutes for your food.

ie: this has nothing to do with spice factor.

IndieMatty 11-04-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BK was my first job, so I can answer this one.

"Extra Hot" means they microwave it twice as long.
"Fresh off the Grill" is the magic word, takes a bit longer but they have to give you freshly cooked meat and a freshly toasted bun, this can be done for all items if you don't mind waiting 5 minutes for your food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait I can ask for this, and it's like common BK knowledge? This might be the best news I've heard in months!