Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Bill Frist hounded by allegations of insider trading (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=342582)

whiskeytown 09-23-2005 03:44 AM

Bill Frist hounded by allegations of insider trading

hmmmm...a Republican who would break the law for financial gain...

never saw that coming...<snort>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...102065_pf.html

RB

scalf 09-23-2005 09:07 AM

Re: Bill Frist hounded by allegations of insider trading.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] if ya ain't cheating; ya ain't trying hard enuf; friest has the juice to prevent even a thought of a trial; in many countries; it is not a crime to use inside info to make stock market profits; why not take advantage of your knowledge...

jmho

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

p.s. surgeons have so much money; they gotta find some way to use it...

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Broken Glass Can 09-23-2005 09:14 AM

Re: Bill Frist hounded by allegations of insider trading

Wow!

A 9% price fluctuation. Why, such a big swing is just unheard of. I mean it means for every $11 he got from the sale, he would have only got $10 instead. This is just wrong.

A 9% price swing is clearly proof of insider trading. I mean I've never had my poker bankroll take a 9% swing, that is just so BIG and unbelievable in the real world. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

whiskeytown 09-23-2005 10:16 AM

according to MSNBC, the total drop was about 16% and shares were sold to a total of 112 mil. -

so yah....16% - with millions of dollars on the line - yah they will do that....

but I'm sure you're right...I'm sure there's nothing unusual there at all....that's why the SEC is investigating - cause they don't think they'll find anything and they don't feel like really working hard.

JackWhite 09-23-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm...a Republican who would break the law for financial gain...

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. Democrats believe more in providing things for free. Like that time Democratic Congressman Barney Frank let his boyfriend run a gay prostitution ring out of his Washington D.C. apartment. As far as I know, he didn't charge his boyfriend any rent for use of the facilities. A greedy Republican Congressman would certainly have charged his boyfriend with rent or at least some type of user's fee.

BCPVP 09-23-2005 04:40 PM

Humans actually break the law for financial gain? Say it ain't so! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Autocratic 09-23-2005 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Humans actually break the law for financial gain? Say it ain't so! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, I'd put you 2:1 that Frist is some sort of machine.

CCass 09-23-2005 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
according to MSNBC, the total drop was about 16% and shares were sold to a total of 112 mil. -

so yah....16% - with millions of dollars on the line - yah they will do that....

but I'm sure you're right...I'm sure there's nothing unusual there at all....that's why the SEC is investigating - cause they don't think they'll find anything and they don't feel like really working hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Nowhere in the article does it say that the SEC is investigating Frist. Also, the article states that Frist is/was within the rules of the Senate. Tell me again why I should be upset.

Broken Glass Can 09-23-2005 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me again why I should be upset.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the 9% profit!!

Of course, Hillary's 2000% profit on cattle futures shouldn't raise any concern.

MtSmalls 09-23-2005 05:49 PM

Broken down in tiny little sentences:

Federal prosecutors have subpoenaed documents from HCA, not Frist, related to Frist (and his family's) stock sales.

Frist's family founded the company, which is the largest for-profit hospital chain in the country.

Frist's brother still sits as a board member of HCA.

Frist has held on to the stock for more than two years, despite complaints that he shouldn't be promoting anti-malpractice legislation.

He suddenly instructed the blind trust (which shouldn't be possible) to sell all his shares and his family's shares two weeks before a negative earnings announcement.

Selling stock, especially through what is supposed to be a blind trust, based on insider information (non-public) is illegal. See "Wall Street", "Martha Stewart".