Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Coupons (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=379621)

RacersEdge 11-16-2005 12:52 PM

Coupons

11-16-2005 12:57 PM

Re: Coupons

I also feel like a douche when I'm like "oh yes and I have a coupon for $.55 off my shaving cream."

If we're talking like, $20 off at best buy, sure. But otherwise, they're a nuisance and they make me feel like a douchebag.

RunDownHouse 11-16-2005 01:08 PM

All the time for groceries, occasionally for eating out. I generally save about 5% off my groceries every trip, and I'm not worried about the Kroger cashier thinking I'm a "douche," so I'm happy to use all the $.50 coupons I can find.

RacersEdge 11-16-2005 01:11 PM

I will not use a coupon, but I will whip out my Kroger card just becasue there is no hassle involved.

RunDownHouse 11-16-2005 01:12 PM

But they stack!

I can understand not wanting to bother with the hassle of finding the coupons, but if I handed you a stack that gave you savings of something like $5 off $100 worth of food, you wouldn't use them? The cashier just scans them like any grocery.

RacersEdge 11-16-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But they stack!

I can understand not wanting to bother with the hassle of finding the coupons, but if I handed you a stack that gave you savings of something like $5 off $100 worth of food, you wouldn't use them? The cashier just scans them like any grocery.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you gave them to me as I walked in the door of Kroger, I'd probably use them. But if I had to carry them around for a few days, no.

swede123 11-16-2005 01:21 PM

I was watching this segment on some news story, about some lady that tracks the coupon cycles for various manufacturers. To illustrate they went to a Safeway or something and bought a bunch of stuff. The total was about $200. When they used the Safeway card they got it down to about $100, and when she got her coupons out the price dropped to $50. Pretty insane savings, I was impressed.

That being said, I don't use coupons.

Swede

mlh2e 11-16-2005 01:23 PM

I buy the citipass book for Nashville ($20) and keep the book in my car. Until I am out of coupons, this book plays a major part in where I go out to eat. I generally use around $180-200 worth of coupons from that book.

As far as the grocery store goes, if I go the same day as I receive a coupon pack in the mail, I'll use them, but otherwise I don't think that far ahead.

RunDownHouse 11-16-2005 01:24 PM

I highly recommend you find a woman to clip and keep track of the coupons for you. Big reduction in the cost of using them.

RacersEdge 11-16-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I highly recommend you find a woman to clip and keep track of the coupons for you. Big reduction in the cost of using them.

[/ QUOTE ]

that sounds like a wife..