Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Party Mini Beta Crashing Problem (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388008)

BigBaitsim (milo) 11-29-2005 11:34 PM

Party Mini Beta Crashing Problem

Has anyone worked out what conditions increase/decrease this? The other night I played for an hour with no crashes. Tonight, it crashes every few minutes when I play. When datamining, the thing runs for hours without a glitch.

11-30-2005 03:17 AM

Re: Party Mini Beta Crashing Problem

I am having the same problem. The first night I was in love but now the honeymoon is over. At one point it crashed my nine SNG's many times in under 30 minutes. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

This happened with no other programs running. I had more free RAM then, than I do now.

I'm just going back the the old version until the beta becomes an official release.

Later
ICMoney

siccjay 11-30-2005 04:36 AM

I was never able to use the Beta for longer than 10 mins. I can datamine with it as well but playing is a no go.

Annulus 11-30-2005 05:45 AM

I've had no problems what so ever. Been playing long hours since it first came out. hope it stays good because i love it.

11-30-2005 08:06 AM

Same here, played tens of hours on it with only one problem.

IdiotVig 11-30-2005 08:56 AM

I've only once tried 8-tabling, and it's crashed on me. Since then, I've 7-tabled continuously, and in sets without a problem (small sample size -- probably about 60 tourneys total or so). I feel vastly inefficient for leaving that much white space on my 2001FP, but at least the convenience is worth it.

MicroBob 11-30-2005 06:14 PM

does it have to do with making the tables ultra-teeny?

one time i had 1 table only but it was really small and party crashed.
if i have 6 or 7 tables going...but not at minimum-size it doesn't crash. I just haven't had any crashes going when my tables are at medium-size.

Arbogast 11-30-2005 06:37 PM

Mine worked great for about a 1/2 hour. But right after I "timed out" on a hand on one table, it locked up all the tables. I could watch the games, but clicking on the windows had no effect.

benza13 11-30-2005 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had no problems what so ever. Been playing long hours since it first came out. hope it stays good because i love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got disconnected once, but otherwise I've had no problems while 4-tabling SNGs. And this was with mini-tables.

12-01-2005 01:14 AM

It crashed on me a couple of times and I've lost $100's as a result. I'm not playing the beta version until they fix the bugs and release it mainstream. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]