Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Adding to an SSHE hand quiz (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=234192)

grjr 04-17-2005 02:53 PM

Adding to an SSHE hand quiz

In SSHE on page 303 (everyone please open your bibles) hand quiz #5 it says:

[ QUOTE ]
You raise from UTG with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Only the loose small and big blinds call (6 small bets). The flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Your opponents check and you bet. The small blind folds; the big blind calls (4 big bets). The turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Your opponent checks and you bet. He calls again (6 big bets). The river is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Your opponent checks. What should you do?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Answer: Check. ......you may have the best hand. ....you will almost always lose when he calls you, and you will not get him to fold a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, sound advice. What they don't say though is what do you do in the same situation if you have KQ? How about T9?

I know what I do. What do you guys do and why?

adsman 04-17-2005 02:57 PM

Re: Adding to an SSHE hand quiz

KQ I fire off again as its my only real hope of winning. T9? How do you get there with T9? It better be T9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Greg J 04-17-2005 04:20 PM

I am not raising T9s UTG.

Ivanapolis 04-17-2005 04:26 PM

Against typical party poker opponents: Check with KQ - most opponents call with A high, bet with T9 (only chance to win)

Best wishes

Ivanapolis

aK13 04-17-2005 04:41 PM

I would play KQ the same way.

grjr 04-17-2005 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Judge: "Just answer the question please, Mr J". [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Come on. Everybody weigh in here. We need a majority opinion. Do you bet or check the river with KQ?

aK13 04-17-2005 05:53 PM

My feeling is that if they don't fold on the turn, they probaly won't fold on the river, so don't risk the extra bet. You also risk opening yourself up to a check/raise against a slowplayed monster.

Shillx 04-17-2005 06:01 PM

Hey grgr,

I would always check KQ. I would bet T9 in this spot in such a way that it would be 1/7 of the time that I was betting a real hand. So if I can only have two hands on this river: AA and T9 here is what I would do.

AA - Bet it everytime
T9 - Bet it 14% of the time. Check it the rest.

This is essentially perfect play. I'm giving him 7:1 pot odds to call the bet. So 7 out of 8 times I'll be betting a real hand (aces) and 1 time I'll be bluffing. So the odds that I'm bluffing (7:1 against) are the same as the pot odds he is getting. Brilliant.

Brad

Entity 04-17-2005 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nit.

I usually check KQ and fire with T9s occasionally depending on my opponent and my read on him. I'm usually not betting the turn with KQ, though, so that negates my decision somewhat. I almost always check AK.

Rob