Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   tennis proposition bet against a tennis pro (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=332416)

tdarko 09-08-2005 12:38 PM

tennis proposition bet against a tennis pro

at three o' clock i am going to play tennis against a tennis pro (a friend of mine) and we have made a little propostition bet since he talks too much [censored].

his skill: made it past the first round of the australian once (i believe it was 02'?). basically he is pretty much just a really good tennis player, not unbelievable...we are not talking about bjorn borg here.

my skill: i play but its off and on, if i played a lot i would be pretty good. every tennis skill i have i learned i have learned from him (probably a bad thing?). i have zero competition experience though i routinely beat my mom and step-brother all the time.

here's the deal: 5 sets. he spots me 1 set so i auto start 1-0. i also only have to win 5 games in each set instead of the normal 6.

all normal tennis rules apply to him.

the bet is $1000.

do i continue with this?

or do i tell him, "let's just play for no money?"

diebitter 09-08-2005 12:39 PM

Re: tennis proposition bet against a tennis pro

no money.

Yeti 09-08-2005 12:40 PM

If you take this bet you are a complete idiot.

Grisgra 09-08-2005 12:41 PM

What are you, retarded?

jakethebake 09-08-2005 12:41 PM

Depends. Is this your mom & brother?

http://www.homestead.com/evita412/fi...d_Mom__fat.jpg

asofel 09-08-2005 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at three o' clock i am going to play tennis against a tennis pro (a friend of mine) and we have made a little propostition bet since he talks too much [censored].

his skill: made it past the first round of the australian once (i believe it was 02'?). basically he is pretty much just a really good tennis player, not unbelievable...we are not talking about bjorn borg here.

my skill: i play but its off and on, if i played a lot i would be pretty good. every tennis skill i have i learned i have learned from him (probably a bad thing?). i have zero competition experience though i routinely beat my mom and step-brother all the time.

here's the deal: 5 sets. he spots me 1 set so i auto start 1-0. i also only have to win 5 games in each set instead of the normal 6.

all normal tennis rules apply to him.

the bet is $1000.

do i continue with this?

or do i tell him, "let's just play for no money?"

[/ QUOTE ]

this doesn't seem like enough of a spot if he's that good. Get spot 1 set with only needing to win 2-3 games.

If he's significantly better than you, getting only 1 set out of 5 isn't much of an advantage, especially if you still need to win 5 games per set.

also, at least make the bet for $1,000,000. You could probably come up with something good to spend it on...

WackityWhiz 09-08-2005 12:42 PM

not a good bet man... you are not going to beat him in a set, or at least you shouldn't. I think the only way you beat him is if he screws up 5 times in a set.

but good luck if you try

beckham9 09-08-2005 12:43 PM

maybe if you have to win 5 games and he spots you 40-0 each game it would be semi fair i would say.

vulturesrow 09-08-2005 12:45 PM

Hope you have some of that blinding powder from Bloodsport available if you go through with this prop.

BeerMoney 09-08-2005 12:45 PM

I would imagine you won't be able to take a game off of him. If he made past the first round, that means he either beat a really good player, or was seeded really high.

You won't be able to return a single one of his first serves, unless you get lucky.

The only reason why you should bet $1000 is if you're allowed to video tape it for laughs in the future, or you could possibly sell it.

If you are going to bet, I'd like to be a part of this action. I'll give you 2:1.

You probably couldn't beat most of the #1 singles players at local high schools.