Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Battle of the blinds boat hand (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=75585)

Acesover8s 03-24-2004 01:08 PM

Battle of the blinds boat hand

Ok. Playing .50-1.00 trying to get off my losing streak. Table is loose preflop but very little bluffing going on post-flop.

After 3 limpers, I ($195) get a free play in the BB with Q6o.

Flop comes AQ6 with two diamonds. The passive SB ($100) leads out for 3$, I make it 9$ to go, only SB calls.

The turn pairs the 6. He checks and I bet $12, He minraises me to $24. And I am 99% sure I am beaten. Maybe 100%.

See if anyone agrees with my reasoning. Firing out of the one-hole on that board indicates generally a flush draw or two-pair, particularly in a passive game. On the turn, I bet small to price him in on his flushdraw, or coax him into thinking I would fold to a big raise. But his min-raise is obviously not a bluff as he's not going to lose me with that size bet. So, he has made his hand. Either Q6, A6, QQ, or AA.

Or have I gone wacky or played too much Omaha lately?

1800GAMBLER 03-24-2004 02:44 PM

Re: Battle of the blinds boat hand

I agree perfectly with your SB bets. They usually min bet weak top pairs (getting ready to fold to the raise) but full bet two pair, usually when they meet any raises though they go right ahead and reraise. Since he didn't reraise you i wouldn't be too fearful of being beat. I'm thinking it's possible he may just have a 6 here.

Here's the part i love though, now what?

Well i'm not folding, i'm leading against enough possible hands.

Calling down is fine.

Raising, or better yet raise for information. If you min raise i'd be 100% certain if he came over the top he has the better boat and i would now fold (edit: meh, i noticed he only had half the buy in, that spoils all my plan, but i'd play this way if he did have $200). If he calls i'd be 100% certain he has only trips and i'd get ready to stack him.

I don't know many players who will do otherwise here at all. I wouldn't play like this at higher stakes though.

AeonBlues 03-24-2004 02:54 PM

Yah, you've been playing too much omaha. Typical party NL game $2 BB or less, ummm 60% he has AK, 10% AQ, 15% 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or simular hand, 10% Random bazerko is trying to bluff you out of a full house, and 5% of the time, a hand that beats you.

AeonBlues

Guy McSucker 03-24-2004 03:07 PM

I wouldn't fold. I would call, and call again on the river.

I think he has a six, but I think you'll be ahead a lot of times.

Guy.

tewall 03-24-2004 05:34 PM

This is an interesting idea (re-raising on the turn, assuming stacks are high enough for this). But wouldn't someone with an A6, for example, be likely to just call the re-raise? And if you went all-in on the river, wouldn't it be pretty difficult for someone with a worse hand to call you? (Assuming there's enough left for the all-in to be a significant bet. But maybe that's your point -- there wouldn't be much left so that would make it likely you'd be called)

ML4L 03-24-2004 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He minraises me to $24. And I am 99% sure I am beaten. Maybe 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Aces,

Has it been running that badly...?

Was it possible that he could have trip sixes with a diamond draw? If the board was Ad Qd 6x, I would give him credit for that a LOT soon than AA or QQ. If he has A6, you lose. Oh well.

Short of a MASSIVE overbet on the river, there's no way I'm letting go of this hand... And even then, I might not.

ML4L