Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   c-bet bluff defense? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407687)

12-30-2005 10:27 AM

c-bet bluff defense?

1/2, two callers, i raise with AKo in BB, both call. flop is Q74 with two hearts. i c-bet and get raised, i fold.

question: is this sometimes a bluff raise by him if he knows i'm c-betting (it's so common now anyway)? is there anything i can do about it? it's hard to find evidence since he doesn't show his cards.

12-30-2005 10:32 AM

Re: c-bet bluff defense?

oops wrong forum, can i have this moved to sssh perhaps.

12-30-2005 10:33 AM

My tactic is to mark them down with a note. If the guy drives me out of such a pot two times in short time, I take any pair ove 99 and go for it with a turn checkraise all in. Another alternative which is often easier and safer is just to change table.

12-30-2005 10:34 AM

sorry this is limit my mistake

WhoIam 12-30-2005 06:47 PM

I've noticed recently that a lot of people will check/min-raise when they think someone is c-betting. This seems to have suddenly become popular maybe 6 months ago. It kept happening to me and I remember thinking "how the hell does everyone keep hitting all these flops when I miss" until I started watching people more closely. Like the other poster said, if you think someone is bluffing you, make a note and see if they do it again. Most of these min-raisers will do it every time they're in this situation, so use it to your advantage and go over the top of them even when you have nothing. Of course, if they call, you have to check/fold.

RiverFenix 12-30-2005 07:00 PM

There is a feature of PAHUD that tells you exactly how often they fold/call/raise cont bets. It is your best tool to gauge whether the player has the cards or not

12-31-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1/2, two callers, i raise with AKo in BB, both call. flop is Q74 with two hearts. i c-bet and get raised, i fold.
doesn't show his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't usually continuation bet a suited board with more than one caller. I want a pair at least. For instance, I might bet TT here, but not AK.

The last the I want is for my bluff to convince my opponent that I have a big pair, but he calls or raises anyway with his draw.

cbloom 12-31-2005 03:19 AM

The simplest defense if someone is doing this is simply to stop c-betting against them unless you have a hand. Then c-bet, if they raise, reraise. If they start giving that too much respect, then you can go back to ordinary c-betting and doing the c-bet-reraise bluff.